DE FloppyDTV S2 not recognized after Standby/Shutdown? (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    if you have some problems with the FloppyDTV S2 not beeing recognized after standby/shutdown please have a look at this info:

Dear All,
    after weeks of investigation we were able to clearly identify a problem (and an easy solution) related to the Turn-On phase of the FloppyDTV S2 when used with certain Power Supply.

At wake up of the system from shutdown or S3 Standby (especially on "cold" systems) sometimes happen that the FloppyDTV S2 (and only the FloppyDTV S2!!!) doesn't turn on correctly and begin a Red Led flashing sequence like this:

- Red Led turns on for 2-3 seconds
    - Green LED turns ON for an extremely short (0,1seconds, very hard to see!!)
    - Both LED turn OFF for 1-2 seconds

and again from the beginning.
    This sequence may happen from 1 to several times (bringing eventually to a stable Green Led Turned ON and Red turned OFF) or even never ending.

In all cases the FloppyDTV will be recognized too late (or anymore) from the system and typically live TV or scheduled recordings are missing.

In most of this cases using the FloppyDTV with a "old style" ATX Power Supply shows a correctly working FloppyDTV S2 (after few seconds the Green Led appears and remains stable).

Our technicians developed a "patch cable" to replace the "power cable" of the FloppyDTV S2 which solves this problem.

Customers that clearly recognize the error sequence reported above may request a "Patch cable" (or more depending on how many FloppyDTV S2 they have) simply opening a Ticket in our Support system indicating their full name and delivery address.

Please take care that the "patch cable" only solve the above described problem!!!

digital everywhere - Support Request

I wish to personally thank all the customers involved from our Support Team in the analysis of the problem and the test of the cables for their help and patience.

bye
    The Mec

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm facing the problem described above and I've just contacted the digital everywhere support. In the meantime I would like to have further details about the "patch cable"; I mean, if it is just a "cable" probably I can do it by myself... can someone kindly provide me a schematic, drawing or any other useful information? Many thanks!
    Best regards,
    Rusko

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    all the instructions are explain on this site, but it is in french

Hi razorbakmax,
    many thanks!
    I don't speak French very well.. but seems I just need to put a 220uF 25V capacitor on the 5V line ([-]black and [+]red); could you please confirm that? Thanks a lot!
    Rusko

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    all the instructions are explain on this site, but it is in french

Hi razorbakmax,
    many thanks!
    I don't speak French very well.. but seems I just need to put a 220uF 25V capacitor on the 12V line ([-]black and [+]red); could you please confirm that? Thanks a lot!
    Rusko

With Bling translate :
    Il principio è quello di integrare un condensatore sul +5v sul cavo dell' alimentazione del FloppyDTV. Per effettuare questa operazione, è necessario ottenere un condensatore radiale di 220uF 25V, debole ESR in un negozio di elettronica. Questo componente non costa piu di un euro.

razorbakmax

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I just finished to put a capacitor (220uF 35V, the only one I have at home now) on the cable and... IT'S WORKING!!!! :D
    Many thanks again!!!
    Rusko

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    any more information on this (the link above is dead)? A drawing maybe of how to connect this?

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Unfortunately I didn't save any documentation about the patch cable; however if you have some skills using a solder it's quite easy.
    Consider the power cable:
    floppydtv_front_400.jpg

you just need to put a 220uF 25V Electrolytic capacitor on it, of course negative pin on negative wire (BLACK) and positive pin on positive wire (RED).
    Hope this can help. Feel free to contact me if you need further information.
    Bye,
    Rusko

EDIT:
    I suppose this thread [FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum • View topic - FloppyDTV S2 - Red LED Blinking by TurnOn/Standby awakening] is much more clear... ;)

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: DE FloppyDTV S2 not recognized after Standby/Shutdown?

I have this Problem, too.
    Any Idea, where I can get such a cable?

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Re: DE FloppyDTV S2 not recognized after Standby/Shutdown?

Only 2 ideas:
    1) do it yourself
    2) contact Digital Devices UG Munich as explained here
    Good luck!
    --
    Bye,
    Rusko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom