Default background images not changing. (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I can't seem to get my default background images to change. Even when I take out all the images out of the SMPBackgrounds folder and leave only the one I want to use it still defaults to the original one. Any ideas? splash screen won't change either :(

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Did you set the images using BasicHome editor and then re-generate afterwards?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to do anything :( Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling with same result.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could rename the image you want to have to "default" and clear the skin cache afterwards.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I tried that and it didn't work :( I did find how what the problem was though. I checked the MP folder in Program files (x86) and saw a SMPBackgrounds folders there. I moved my custom backdrops to that folder and no wit's working. Is StreamedMP suppose to have a SMPBackgrounds folder there?

It doesn't explain why my fullscreen splash isn't working now lol. It just shows the window mode splash screen.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Backgrounds should not exist in Program files (x86), only in ProgramData. Did you manually change path's of MediaPortal directories?

I would do a clean install of MediaPortal and SMP. Seems your environment is messed up.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Nah, the only thing I did was install that SMP mod that shows more on the screen ie fanart. I guss I have no choice but to do a clean install. Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom