Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it! (1 Viewer)

fbauer

Portal Member
November 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it!

A happy new year for all of you !

I had a look into several threads for this issue, but didn't found a real solution for my problem. Hopefully I'll be right for my question in this one.

First of all some informations about my environment. Mediaportal is connectoed by DVI-D/HDMI to the Philips LCD screen and for the audio path I using an optical connection to my AV receiver, which is capable to process DD/DTS signals. The codec configuration is following the instructions from the SAF 5 thread.

Up to now I'am able to play all video / audio formats like DivX,XVid, AVI, ... with DD 5.1 or DTS audio streams. Thanks to Hoborgs great SAF solution everything is running smoothly and without any problems.

Recently I went to backup some of my BluRay Discs, using DVDFab 8, to my Harddisk in the mkv container format. Unfortunately some of them are build with the new DTS or DD HD formats and it seems that the recommended codec setup is not able to play those streams in DD/DTS 5.1 by using the capabilities of the audio environment correctly. The AV receiver always shows a stereo stream, bot not a Dolby or DTS stream as expected.

Just for a test case I switched the AAC codec in the Mediaportal configuration video section to the MS DVD-DTS codec and I wondered, if I saw that the audio stream was decoded /forwarded to the AV receiver correctly. But the quality after skipping or fast forwarding was awful, because either video nor audio playing were done constant. It looks and sounds like a faster running "Micky Mouse". From that point of view it should be possible to get the right audio format, but which setup will work correctly and stable ? Are there any differences if I would use a m2ts BlueRay Rip made by DVDFab ?

Thanks for any comment or idea in advance

cheers
FB

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: AW: Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it!

I have done a clean install to mey HTPC.
And install Win7 + MediaPortal + StreamedMP + SAF 5.00.
My connection is HTPC - HDMI - Receiver - HDMI - Plasma

I have passthrough DTS; DD; DD-THD and DTS-MA.
But my audio files (*.mp3) won't play, my receiver display DTS when i play (*.mp3).
Why is that? What settings i have wrong?

Before my clean install, i have everything good.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

But my audio files (*.mp3) won't play, my receiver display DTS when i play (*.mp3).

Make sure you enabled Dshow player in MePo audio settings.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

Make sure you enabled Dshow player in MePo audio settings.

Ok. Thanks.
But sometimes i use iTunes to listen my music, so is there any solution in ffdshow audio?
The strange thing is, before it was everything allright.

fbauer

Portal Member
November 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it!

A happy new year for all of you !

I had a look into several threads for this issue, but didn't found a real solution for my problem. Hopefully I'll be right for my question in this one.

First of all some informations about my environment. Mediaportal is connectoed by DVI-D/HDMI to the Philips LCD screen and for the audio path I using an optical connection to my AV receiver, which is capable to process DD/DTS signals. The codec configuration is following the instructions from the SAF 5 thread.

Up to now I'am able to play all video / audio formats like DivX,XVid, AVI, ... with DD 5.1 or DTS audio streams. Thanks to Hoborgs great SAF solution everything is running smoothly and without any problems.

Recently I went to backup some of my BluRay Discs, using DVDFab 8, to my Harddisk in the mkv container format. Unfortunately some of them are build with the new DTS or DD HD formats and it seems that the recommended codec setup is not able to play those streams in DD/DTS 5.1 by using the capabilities of the audio environment correctly. The AV receiver always shows a stereo stream, bot not a Dolby or DTS stream as expected.

Just for a test case I switched the AAC codec in the Mediaportal configuration video section to the MS DVD-DTS codec and I wondered, if I saw that the audio stream was decoded /forwarded to the AV receiver correctly. But the quality after skipping or fast forwarding was awful, because either video nor audio playing were done constant. It looks and sounds like a faster running "Micky Mouse". From that point of view it should be possible to get the right audio format, but which setup will work correctly and stable ? Are there any differences if I would use a m2ts BlueRay Rip made by DVDFab ?

Thanks for any comment or idea in advance

cheers
FB

The issue seems to be known, I found a bugtracker topic on SourceForge.net: ffdshow: Detail: 3028871 - Plays DTS-MA instead of regular DTS when SPDIF is being used. Unfortunately the issue is still open since July 2010 :(

P.S.
M2TS is also not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom