Delay after resume from standby (1 Viewer)

nino

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
Thanks for your responses.

Have you checked the option Reinitialize TV controller on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner) ?
If so, try to disable it.
@netexplorer: the option is disabled in my system

Your community plugins are still activated and I suspect one of them to be the cause of your problems. You should definitively disable all of them and test again
@Michael: The last logs I posted were taken from mediaportal running in debug mode. I also manually disabled all plugins: same result. I cant't see any community plugins in the posted log file. Should I also disable tv client and the like?

Maybe you should reinstall MP to get this fixed.
@Michael: what you saw in my logs is a fresh 1.5 installation. I used BackupSettings to restore my old settings, though. I had also reinstalled Titan after seeing the errors, but this didn't make a difference: same warnings.

Thanks!
nino

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
@Michael: The last logs I posted were taken from mediaportal running in debug mode. I also manually disabled all plugins: same result. I cant't see any community plugins in the posted log file. Should I also disable tv client and the like?
I saw:
  • BrowseTheWeb
  • ClickfinderProgramGuide
  • InfoService (my favorite candidate for the cause of your problems;))
  • MusicInfoHandler
  • MyLyrics
  • WorldWeather
  • WorldWeatherLite
  • and several DLLs (don't know where they belong to) like Interop.SHDocVw, Micropolis.MPCore, Geckofx..., GUIGlobalSearch, HtmlAgilityPack, ...
In the Windows Start Menu (All Programs - Team MediaPortal - MediaPortal) you find "MediaPortal Debug-Mode". Select "Report a bug to Team MediaPortal" to run MP client without any community plugins.
@Michael: what you saw in my logs is a fresh 1.5 installation. I used BackupSettings to restore my old settings, though. I had also reinstalled Titan after seeing the errors, but this didn't make a difference: same warnings.
Well, something is wrong with your system. A freshly installed or updated MP does need no Titan reinstallation and does not show the effects you have. Be also careful with BackupSettings, since some 1.4 settings might not run with 1.5 - you should make an update installation and all settings should be kept. But - as I said before - I think that some plugin is the cause of your problems.

Michael

nino

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I guess I solved the problem: I reinstalled mediaportal, used backup settings to restore my settings and then uninstalled all community plugins one after the other. After uninstalling world weather lite the delay went down to fantastic 7 seconds!

@Michael: the dll(s) of a plugin are shown in the logfile even when the plugin is deactivated. But thanks a lot for the hint! This made me check again all the plugins and finally find a solution.

Cheers,
nino

zetus

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I confirm the delay when using 'Weather lite'. I have now removed the plugin, and MP1.5 is ready to go 5 sec. after resuming from standby.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also had this problem in the past.
    After uninstalling worldweather light I had to delete the MicropolisMPcore.dll manually. Perhaps you guys would like to check this too.

nino

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I asked Micropolis directly: he says increasing the world weather setting "After resume, wait x seconds before refresh." should solve the problem. Without the delay WorldWeatherLite tries to refresh weather related information as soon as the machine is up and running. In some cases it can happen that the internet connection is not established yet and WorldWeatherLite runs into a timeout, which is the root cause for this delay.

Cheers,
    nino

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    After upgrading from MP 1.5 to MP 1.6 a delay of 7 seconds is required for World Weather Lite to function properly and allow MP to finish loading. A timeout never seems to occur after resuming, even after waiting over 2 minutes. MP requires it be terminated via Task Manager and then MP can be restarted. This issue was not present in MP 1.5.

Thank you,

schumach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom