Delete TV Recording from Client (1 Viewer)

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
First of all thank you so much for your great support and the time you are investing!
I indeed setup the recording media-source in the client manually.
Also in tv-setup on the server I used the drive-letter instead of the UNC-Path with the share.
I did everything now as you said.
The Path in the tv-server setup is "\SERVERHOST\Aufnahmen" which points to a share with full permissions for "everybody".
On the client it automatically setup the new Media-Source "Recordings(1)" automatically.
Now the delete point in the menu is gone, and I cannot even play the recordings anymore. If I select a recording, nothing really happens.
Log of the client is attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-07-21-13.44.29.zip
    349.5 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In Windows Movie Player or VLC I can play the recording on the same client without any problem...
    WMC and VLC are running under a "normal" user account. But MP2 server did not as it is a service. That's why it has much less privileges.This is for security reason and the default behavior of Windows. If you can play a file in VLC or not is completely irrelevant for MP2. It as important as if a bag of rice falls down in China..
    The MP2 server with it's low privileges must have access to the file and also must the clients if you want to delete files.

"\SERVERHOST\Aufnahmen"
    This also is wrong. Now you miss one "\" at the beginning. It must be "\\SERVERHOST\Aufnahmen"

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry. The second "/" in the path is there. It was only a typo in my post.
    I gave permissions to everybody for the share and also in the security tab for the folder.
    What else could I do?

Maybe it is not really a permissions issue, since recording to the folder works. I can see the files in windows and also in the MP client. I just cannot play them.

Last edited:

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, really sorry to bother you with this issue... I did some more investigation.
    As network credentials on the MP client I entered the user administrator and its password and now everything works.
    I can play recordings and also delete them.
    However I still don't understand the behaviour, since I gave permissions of the share to "everyone". So "normal" user credentials should actually be enogh instead of using administrator user?
    Strange, but it works now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom