Dell MCE RC6 Remote (1 Viewer)

desnake

Portal Pro
August 3, 2010
Buskerud
Home Country
Norway Norway
So i just bought a new remote after dealing with a cheap remote that made my eyes go red about the IR reciver (i somtimes had to walk up to the TV and push the remote against the reciver and even then it was not working properly) The play/pause did not work either.

SO i looked everywhere for the Original MCE remote, but found out it was discontiued.
So i bought a copy of it from a norwegian site (i am norwegian)

And the IR reciver works like a dream, perfect reception.

And when i got in medaportal (after activating the MCE option) i can sroll my media perfectly.
I started a video and tryed the volume buttons, perfect it even shows me the built in volume bar in MP.

I was exited and tryed play/pause. no worky oh well i know i can map this :) So i went on trying every configuration, reading guides on it. still no worky...

Then i checked the mp website and tryed to look at the pictures to find exactly my copy.
And of course it seems like i got the ONLY copy that AINT supported :(

Here is the information i got about the remote controll.

Here is the site i bought it from : Vendur.no - Audio, Video og HTPC (its norwegian, but the info is in english)

I found out from the net that it was a "Dell - No Logos on remote or receiver and no TV standby or volume learning ability"

Here is a picture of EXACTLY my remote

Remote-microsoft.jpg

I am using Windows XP Pro 32 bit
I am using the newest version of MediaPortal

Any idea how i can get this to work?
I would really appreciate it :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    Just to be clear, you tried just going: config -> Remotes -> Activare MCE remote?

I would think this should work right out of the box.

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yay, finaly some lifesign atleast :)

Yes first thing i did after i pluged it in and installed the driver mini-disc :|

btw i see you are from norway, any idea where i can get a remote that is good and WORKS? :p

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm... I don't think you should need a driver for that remote. There are, sadly, few good remotes in Norway.

What does the print on the receiver say (SMK, eHome etc) and what does Windows device manager say about the drivers?

Not sure, but this should work fine: HAUPPAUGE MC REMOTE CONTROL KIT

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

There are a number of MS MCE remotes/receivers (clones/Dell/etc) that claim to be fully MCE, but they appear as HID devices and not ehome - so dont seamlessy work :(

I have an ever growing collection of remotes/receviers (fractal, dell, MS, harmony, hauppuage). :(

J.

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm... I don't think you should need a driver for that remote.

Well i dident get it to work at all without the driver that followed it.

What does the print on the receiver say (SMK, eHome etc) and what does Windows device manager say about the drivers?

Sadly it dosent say any of does it just says "Model:AURC-002"

Maybe i'll try the haupagge remote out :)

Jay have you tested this http://www.dustinhome.no/hauppauge-mc-remote-control-kit/product/5010379379 with medaportal?

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Anyone know if theres a mapping program that might work? So that i can remap the controll buttons to keyboard buttons that are supported in MP like space for play/pause <-- for rewind and --> for forward etc etc

anyone know of such a software, a easy one?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    This looks exactly the three remotes that I have (eBay bargain purchase and sent from China) and they all work great - not what you wanted to hear really. Just tick the box in config and away you go. Mine show up as eHome devices in the USB section of plugin manager.

I'll dig out a link to the seller (I'm not at home at the moment)

M.

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hmm are you totaly sure mate? theres one version that have 1 button more or less that looks almost exactly like this one.

This dont show up as ehome device :(

EDIT: Wait a sec, i checked device manager it shows as a "eHome Infrared Tranciever" :O Mine got a driver mini disc that followed it BUt i think i tried without it first as it dident work then i installed it. not sure if i tryed mapping buttons in MP before installing it tho, just tried it out.

hmm any suggestions?

there is a couple of hid units there aswell but i dont think they are my remote really. dont got anything else plugged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom