Dell MCE RC6 Remote (1 Viewer)

desnake

Portal Pro
August 3, 2010
Buskerud
Home Country
Norway Norway
Vell porky and Ray i tested it with MP on my windows 7 workstation and it worked like a charm out of the box :)

A little sad tho as i prefer Windows XP and my MediaCenter is running it and i got a pretty good build with it. totaly clean codes defragmentet hardrives etc.

Well the only question to this issue seems to be Windows 7 it seems.

NOW i hope my hardware can find drivers for Windows 7 as i am not sure of that :p

Thanks for all your time and help.

Des

EDIT: or maybe just maybe it would help to install the newest MP (because the driver CD that followed contains drivers for XP hmm. i dont know, just a little desperate here :p

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the feedback on this, interesting that ehome only shows up in HID, and not in the usb controller screen, because M$ MCE remote definitely does show up on xp pro, mine did, so it looks like the hardware id has been added to be in the ehome driver inf in Windows 7, so it does install correctly there.

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hehe well i hope i can help others with simelar problems with my misery here :)

btw would it be possible to make a edited inf for XP Pro 32 bit that adds this remote as it does in windows 7?
    With a intstaller that just updates the inf file.

Would be awesome, i am more then novice in computing but this is not my field.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anybody can edit the ehome infrared transceiver list.xml, which can be found at "user files" shortcut either from config or windows START menu.

Because thats all I was going to do :D

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    just a little confused.

shall i plug my device in the windows 7 pc as that one installs it like it shall be. then find the hardware ID. THEN add this ID to the file in xp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom