porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Desnake,

Mine are exactly the same as the picture you posted. There isn't much writing on the back 'fcc' & 'ce' conformity logos and a really big 'RC6' printed on the battery cover.

As Jay_UK said earlier, there probably are so many of these remotes that are clones is isn't really possible to tell which is good or bad until it is tried out on the system.

This is the guy I bought mine from, and he has few RC6 remotes for sale. >>>here<<<

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    The three I bought from this guy were just Plug & Play. I just plugged in the USB IR Receiver & Win7 automatically found and installed the drivers. I just ticked the MCE Remote box in MePo and it was fine, it worked out of the box.

Clearly, I can't say if these remotes are the same. It is your call, really.

HTH,

M.

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    One other question tho.

I am using Windows XP Pro 32bit SP3 on my MP computer.

You use Windows 7 (what version, what bit?) and it worked.

If i reinstalled my MP computer with windows 7, do you think the remote i have might have worked out of the box like yours?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A lot of the copy remotes only work with Vista\Win7, they do not support xp.

What I'm confused about, is if it says ehome infrared irreceiver (usbcir) in device manager this should work.

To help us can you click on properties and select hardware ID from drop down list and post screenshot, this may need to be added to our list of mce remotes.

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hereyougo.JPG

You mean like this? btw does this look right?

hereyougo2.JPG

Heres more info

desnake

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2010
    Buskerud
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Exelent :)

Hmm i really hope there is a way to fix it so this remote work without having to format and reinstall my whole totaly clean system.

FOllowed the steps very carefully and done alot of work to make it clean and the way i want it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi desnake

Sorry you have wrong picture, needs to be the one under usb devices, you can easily check\add your remote, go to user files either from Start menu or MP config there are links there. Find Ehome infrared transceiver list xp.xml open with notepad, here you can see if your mce remote shows up, or you can add, note short id is used, see pictures.

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom