Dependency error on install v2.3.2.0 (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok, too bad it isn't working, if you thing of something that I can do to help... let me know!
    In the mean time, you can stick with OV 2.3.1, not much has changed anyway.
    And if @Brownard fixes ITV OnlineVideos 2.3.1 will pick that up automatically

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Depending on your settings you either end up with no volume OSD at all
    That's why it is not relevant for me, on all HTPC I do not control the volume on the computer, it is always 100%, I adjust the volume either on TV, or on the re-server or on separate 5.1 speakers.
    But if the problem is only in the OSD, and everything else works, then it seems to me that this is not a problem, you can adjust the volume level by ear without seeing the OSD.
    If the conflict in MP was solved. That would also be great
    You can see the driver iMon intercepts the volume keys in the MP, maybe you just need to transfer the volume control to other buttons?

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can see the driver iMon intercepts the volume keys in the MP, maybe you just need to transfer the volume control to other buttons?

Unfortunately this won't work. Because of the conflict, the volume OSD appears every time any button is pressed, not just volume control keys. It is weird, and infuriating when you are scrolling through, for example, a list of recorded programmes or a menu and the volume OSD flashes up every time there is a key press.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Unfortunately this won't work. Because of the conflict, the volume OSD appears every time any button is pressed, not just volume control keys. It is weird, and infuriating when you are scrolling through, for example, a list of recorded programmes or a menu and the volume OSD flashes up every time there is a key press.
    And if you just clear the file responsible for showing the volume, or move the coordinates behind the screen, then it will not be visible and it will not interfere.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    the volume OSD appears every time any button is pressed, not just volume control keys.
    If the problem is only the volume OSD appearing on screen, and you would be content with no volume OSD appearing at all, there are two possibilities:

(1) Modify the relevant xml files so that they position the volume OSD off-screen (e.g. at position x=9999, y=9999). There is a "VolumeOverlay.xml", but there may be additional volume controls in other files (I have a vague recollection of having seen them elsewhere).

(2) If MP has a built-in volume OSD that you cannot position off-screen, you might be able to modify the images used by the volume OSD so that they are all empty (transparent PNGs with all pixels off). You can create transparent PNGs in various editors. I use a very old version of Adobe "Photoshop Elements" which offers this as a choice, but Windows "Paint" does not offer transparent PNGs as a choice. If you try this alternative, you will probably need to delete all of the files in MP's "Cache" folder, otherwise MP won't use the modified PNG files.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    And if you just clear the file responsible for showing the volume, or move the coordinates behind the screen, then it will not be visible and it will not interfere.

Indeed, but I won't be able to see it when I want to see the volume levels or get the mute icon. It would be a loss of functionality.

It's a shame that MP doesn't have a property such as #inkey to show which key is being pressed. It would open up all sorts of possibilities, as well as enabling people with this problem to put a condition into <visibility>. A development suggestion maybe?

eg:
    <visible>string.equals(#inkey,"+")</visible>

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't get it. You're saying that for each keypress the volume OSD appears?
    Shouldn't have everyone else have problems with this?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Did something change in remote control? In 1.18+?

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    I don't get it. You're saying that for each keypress the volume OSD appears?
    Shouldn't have everyone else have problems with this?

Did something change in remote control? In 1.18+?

I think that is round about the time there were major changes to HID input in MP.

On reflection (it is a while back that I had this problem as I reverted to 1.17 a few months ago) I think that the Volume OSD may have started being triggered by any sound event (not just vol up/down) so every time a key click occurred, up came the OSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom