[fixed] deploy tool crashes on mpaudioswitcher.ax (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

RAWPWR

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Sebastiii, just got back from a short vacation ......very short,

and now your up to #12 wow! Excellent job everyone, I wish that I could of helped out a little more....oh well. :sorry:

Being this is closed, I can now download and install the main beta with all the applied changes from #12 to my main HTPC with no more problem issues?

Thanks all. :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) yes :) Mark translate me in the right way :) and yep very much appreciated :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V10 and V11 both installed without errors or problems. (upgrade and fresh install)

The mpcsubs issue that I was having in previous versions is corrected in both V10 and V11.

I will try V12 and feed back.

Apart from your fixes are you using latest svn's for these ? or is this still the original beta release with specific instal fixes ?

Many thanks

No i didn't use latest SVN, i'm working on release 1.2.0Beta (same installer but with bug fix for MPAudio and mpcsubs.dll :p)
    Need to see with internal team but if it's ok, this fix will go in SVN and ofc for RC release.
    :D

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    V12 . Good and bad news I'm afraid.

Bad news is the deploy application check fails and stops the instal. V11, V10 and V4 didn't do this.

This is because I don't have an internet connection BUT I do have all necessary applications correctly installed which V11 etc correctly pick up so the lack of Intenet should not cause this error.

As you can see in the jpg's V11 deploy continues through checks and installs fine .

Good news is using the files in the temp/.../deploy folder and manual instal MP instals fine and works, mpcsubs OK.

Now if I compare the temp folder for V11 against V12 and copy the file 'ApplicationLocations' from V11 (see jpg ) that is empty/zero size in V12; now running V12 deploy works perfectly.

So the error seems to be the application checks fail, internet is then tried and as it doesn't exist deploy fails.

Hope this makes some sense, i couldn't find any deploy logs.

Attachments

• v12 deploy check failure.JPG
      v12 deploy check failure.JPG
      59.8 KB
    • v11 deploy check success.JPG
      v11 deploy check success.JPG
      69.3 KB
    • v12 appliation location failure.JPG
      v12 appliation location failure.JPG
      33.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi SciDoctor,

This is strange, because i didn't change something on this side even before too, and you try to reinstall v12 it's the same each time ?
    I will look between my install setup, because v12 was a copy from v10/v11 directory and normally it should be the same except for mpaudio and mpcsubs.
    Seb.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I found this very odd to and it is repeatable both for upgrade and clean/fresh installs.

The user/.../temp folder is also deleted of its contents prior to tests.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I found this very odd to and it is repeatable both for upgrade and clean/fresh installs.

The user/.../temp folder is also deleted of its contents prior to tests.

Ok i look @ my setup and for v12 xml is not present, will look why, but it's not related to MPAudio and mpcsubs.dll :) (cool :p).
    If you stay a little i try to upload new installer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom