[fixed] deploy tool crashes on mpaudioswitcher.ax (1 Viewer)

kristerka

Portal Member
August 9, 2007
Vallentuna
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have tryed to make an klon of my HD using vmconverter.
Did get an copy that i run in VM player 3.
But thats confusing, in the virtual maskin i can install MP 1.2 Beta painless. NO ERROR ????
If you want the virtual hd just let my now.
I am no good in virtualis. but i works.
Krister

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) kristerka,

Yes i'm interested to have a copy :)
    Thanks,
    Seb.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey Guys :)
    First a big thank you to frankteb and kristerka for helping us with vmware and remote session to try to solve this issue.
    This is a new installer to try, it already work for frankteb but we need feedback from all to see if it's ok :).
    Thanks again.

Ps : what kind of CPU you have ? maybe i'm wrong but it seems that it was related with AMD CPU.
    Pss : Please to keep an eye to cpu usage

frankteb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: deploy tool crashes on mpaudioswitcher.ax

Sebastiii,

:D for the wonderful evening :D.

Made a few tests. TV works fine, but I can't play any videos within MP (VLC works). But no panic I will test tomorrow more intensive. Perhaps a only a reboot is necessary after all your magic on my PC. More informations/logs tomorrow.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Everyone who had issues with the filter registration - please list the exact CPU model you are using. It is a bit weird issue, since disabling compiler optimization seems to help with the few systems that are having issues. This is not an optimal solution since for all other users it will create increased CPU usage when audio switcher filter is in used.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Is there one person that is seeing this problem prepared to reinstall Windows completely and see if the problem is solved?

I realise that this is not a perfect solution, but if there is something on your PC that is corrupted (or old motherboard drivers, etc.) then it would be best that we find out.

This is all a very strange issue, and the solution that Seb currently has is not ideal.

Mark

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Is there one person that is seeing this problem prepared to reinstall Windows completely and see if the problem is solved?

I realise that this is not a perfect solution, but if there is something on your PC that is corrupted (or old motherboard drivers, etc.) then it would be best that we find out.

This is all a very strange issue, and the solution that Seb currently has is not ideal.

Mark

Since Mark wrote this, sebastiii and tourettes found the cause of the issue. They are quite confident, that the issue is caused by automatic compiler optimization to SSE2. Since old CPU's don't support SSE2, this causes the bug.

Could the people experiencing the issue please confirm that they have such old CPU's?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom