dev around Technisat Cablestar 2 (1 Viewer)

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
Still no luck here...

Hello,

I really envy Eagle who has managed to get his setup to work... It just doesn't happen for me. I installed the latest CVS, tried to do all appropriately, but my Airstar still doesn't work.

I am eager to receïve any sort of indication that could lead me to solving this problem. I guess the issue could be the driver version, OS version, card version, butr all this seems to be pretty standard on my computer:

OS: Windows XP (French), SP2, all latest windowsupdate patches installed
Card version: not sure how to get it
Driver version: 4.2.10.9999

Maybe, however, I am missing something important or I am just being stupid... Please help me out whichever one of the two is true! ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Libor

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
new fix in the next CVS.

But it's hard without the card to test because the technisat sdk is not really documented on AirStar specific settings.

I am waiting for your feedback.

mbb

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi mbb

I tested the last CVS (Nov 7th evening) but the "bandwith"-column in the "tblDVBTMapping" hasn't been updated yet. Maybe you can have a look at it again?

eagle

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
I have installed the new driver, installed the latest CVS and .NET 2.0 but still no go. Autotune finds no channels although it shows 100dB of signal strength and 100% of signal quality.
I am not sure what bugs are fixed by the latest addition mbb made to the cvs. According to him, my problem may be due to the lack of the offset parameter support in his AirStar 2 implementation.

Mbb says the 125 value for offset is default in the AirStar 2. As 125 is the value used for dvb-t broadcasts e.g. in Germany, it works for eagle and not for me (my local - Czech Republic - offset value is supposed to be 167) . If someone here is also in the 167 and/or other non-125 zone, I would really appreciate if you could share your experience in this thread so that we could help mbb debug his code.

Thanks in advance,

Libor

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
I checked how offset works.

In fact It's used only during autotune to calculate the next frequency to scan.

new scan frequency = current scan frequency + offset

It works and there are nothing specifics to set or to store for Airstar. (wrong hypothesis)

But If another Airstar user could share his experience, He's welcome.

For the Bandwith store problem I will more investigate when I will install all stuff to developp with .NET 2.0

mbb

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just pu it in - thanks

DMAN

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mbb

I will have a look at it tonight :D and give a short report here

liborc

which frequences does DVBViewer show? Is it possible to get steps of offsets out of these frequences? Delete all frequences out of your dvb-t.xml which you don't need. Does it work then?

But if DVBViewer works I can't believe that there are differences between the offstets of CR and Germany. Or is DVBViewer regionalized for CR?

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom