dev around Technisat Cablestar 2 (2 Viewers)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
mbb

it works, "bandwith" is now stored into its column in the database.
Thx a lot, great work

eagle

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
Success! (still have stupid questions though ;-) )

Alright, I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled everything (with proper reboots as needed): mediaportal, cvs, Airstar drivers, Server4PC and all other Technisat software and now matters work perfectly well. The only thing that troubles me now is that I can't determine where exactly my problem was to help other users who would experience the same kind of trouble...

I would like to thank mbb for his hard and excellent work and eagle for his help.

I said in one of my previous posts that many people would worship mbb as God if He implemented AirStar2 support. This is just to say that from now on I will pray to Him, mbb, every morning, evening, and before lunch! ;-)

Thanks again,

Libor

P.S.: I have three more questions I am stuck with right now and would really appreciate advise:

1) Anyone knows whether there are plans for implementing multiple program recording capability similar to what DVBViewer offers (one can simultaneously record any number of channels within one transponder)

2) Another question is EPG capacity: I just can't figure out how to fetch EPG data from air (=NO xmltv grabber) so that it would fill my timeline. Maybe it simply isn't possible, but I think I am just missing something.

3) Is it possible to get an AirStar2 work in the same machine as an SkyStar2? I would actually need to receive DVB-S channels together with my DVB-T channels.

If I get all this to work, I will be happy as a kid in a candy store!

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Success! (still have stupid questions though ;-) )

liborc said:
Alright, I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled everything (with proper reboots as needed): mediaportal, cvs, Airstar drivers, Server4PC and all other Technisat software and now matters work perfectly well. The only thing that troubles me now is that I can't determine where exactly my problem was to help other users who would experience the same kind of trouble...

I think your issues were caused by your installation, so probably nobody will have the same problems

liborc said:
1) Anyone knows whether there are plans for implementing multiple program recording capability similar to what DVBViewer offers (one can simultaneously record any number of channels within one transponder)

it was one of the benefits of TS-recording to record the entire stream. But as I have heard, Frodo decided to go back to DVR-MS-recording because of troubles with the engine. Maybe some day it will come

liborc said:
2) Another question is EPG capacity: I just can't figure out how to fetch EPG data from air (=NO xmltv grabber) so that it would fill my timeline. Maybe it simply isn't possible, but I think I am just missing something.

you don't have to do anything. EPG over the Air should work automatically. For CR I don't know. Here in Germany, it works

liborc said:
3) Is it possible to get an AirStar2 work in the same machine as an SkyStar2? I would actually need to receive DVB-S channels together with my DVB-T channels.

I was thinking about the same thing. But in my opinion the drivers are too simiular for the OS, so I suppose it won't work. I can make a test over the weekend because I have both cards.

eagle

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
Re: Success! (still have stupid questions though ;-) )

Eagle, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

eagle said:
liborc said:

you don't have to do anything. EPG over the Air should work automatically. For CR I don't know. Here in Germany, it works

well, I guess I still have a problem on this one. Are you sure there's nothing to set up in the configuration utility? I have checked the "grab EPG from DVB" checkbox as well as all listed languages but still no go... errrgh, can't believe I am so lame!

eagle said:
liborc said:

I was thinking about the same thing. But in my opinion the drivers are too simiular for the OS, so I suppose it won't work. I can make a test over the weekend because I have both cards.

Well, if this doesn't work, I would have to purchase another card capable of recording whole transport streams. I already have a hauppauge nexus, but that card will probably never work natively in mediaportal. (Besides, by conception, it will never allow for recording transport streams. Today it seems very obsolete...) The only thing I am concerned with now is whether there is a card that allows for using MDAPI plugins.... you may have an answer for that as well I guess, you seem very active in MP fora and knowledgeable for that sake.

Thanks again,

Libor

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry for being late, but before I can test SS2 and AS2 in one System I would like to make my Skystar running again with MP + CVS. The latest CVSs seem to be a bit "incompatible".

When it is all o.k. again I'll give a try to these drivers

eagle

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
Since almost 2 weeks TV module is very unstable.
Specialy for xxstar cards.
The week end before the last I wanted debug the code but it change too quickly and sometimes it was an sql problem another time it was Epg or something I cannot handle.

It isnt only TV module, MP become very slow to start and some other module doesnt work anymore.

We have to wait a more stable release. Frodo plan a RC2 for december. It's not so far.

To test two B2C2 devices It would be necessary to install an older CVS. Before 11.11.05 I gess.

If you dont have time to do it, we are waiting for december.

Martial

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
eagle said:
@liborc

is your airstar running with 02.rc1 and the latest cvs (Nov 21 19:17)?
whenever I enter myTV, mp terminates immediatelly

eagle

Yep, same problem here. I continue using cvs from the 11th of November...

I guess mbb would have a chance to fix this.

Libor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom