dev around Technisat Cablestar 2 (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Bad news

tonight I did install the patched drivers 4.3.2 and my airstar as liborc wrote. All seemed to be o.k. The airstar was known by windows as a third network card.

But unfortunatelly mp-config-progam cannot find the airstar in the system, when I press the button "add" in "Television/Capture Cards".

I get the message
"No video capture card(s) were found, you won't be able to configure a capture card".

Can anybody look at the code what is going wrong?

eagle

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
eagle said:
Bad news

tonight I did install the patched drivers 4.3.2 and my airstar as liborc wrote. All seemed to be o.k. The airstar was known by windows as a third network card.

But unfortunatelly mp-config-progam cannot find the airstar in the system, when I press the button "add" in "Television/Capture Cards".

I get the message
"No video capture card(s) were found, you won't be able to configure a capture card".

Can anybody look at the code what is going wrong?

eagle

Does your DVBViewer software work with both cards? (In theory, you should be able to run two instances of DVBViewer simultaneously: one for your Airstar2 and the other for your Skystar2.)
Unfortunately, it looks like you're the only person on this forum to have two B2C2 devices in one computer and willing to test. E.g. mbb would certainly have a look at where the problem comes from, but he only has one card...
Please, can someone else help with this issue?

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
It's not possible to start a second instance of DVBViewer. I can scan channels when I switch to the entry "Airstar" in Setup4PC, but I cannot use both cards simultaniously.

I tried to start DVBViewer with the airstar and MP with the skystar, but both programs crashed after a few seconds.

In your guide, you say that the driver with extension b or c must be installed. Maybe it depends on the card which is already installed. In my case the first card is the skystar, the second is the airstar. So I took the "Skynetair" for the installation of the patched driver.

The contents of Skynetair and Skynetb ist almost the same except some names of Variables.

Does anyone else has good ideas how to go on?

eagle

liborc

Portal Pro
December 22, 2004
eagle

well, all I found out is that the author of the guide (pobox) managed to launch two instances of progdvb as a different NT user¨. Also, he shows in another post screenshots of two different dvb players displaying output from two different cards simultaneously.

Here are the snaps:

Further to the question regarding the driver version to install (whether extension b or c), I found no indication as to this having an importance. In fact, I believe these are completely identical and interchangeable. Of course, I could be wrong, but that would really be a surprise...

Libor

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
mbb said:
Since almost 2 weeks TV module is very unstable.
Specialy for xxstar cards.
The week end before the last I wanted debug the code but it change too quickly and sometimes it was an sql problem another time it was Epg or something I cannot handle.

It isnt only TV module, MP become very slow to start and some other module doesnt work anymore.

We have to wait a more stable release. Frodo plan a RC2 for december. It's not so far.

To test two B2C2 devices It would be necessary to install an older CVS. Before 11.11.05 I gess.

If you dont have time to do it, we are waiting for december.

Martial

Hi mbb,

any news?

eagle

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
Hi eagle,

I am going to test RC2 and it seems working well with my Cablestar.

I plan to take a look how MP handle B2C2 cards in low level but I am not sure to be able to do something specialy with only one technisat card

mbb

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
I solve today Cablestar and Airstar autotune problem in latest CVS

You could test it tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Dont forget to run start.bat after install the new CVS to register the new mpsa.ax

For the multi technisat tuner handling, we have to wait the new official Technisat 4.3.3 driver to try something.

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi mbb,

airstar works well :D

For the multi technisat tuner handling, we have to wait the new official Technisat 4.3.3 driver to try something.

I've got a WinTV Nova-S Plus. So there is no urgent need for me to run multi-tuner with airstar and skystar. But if it works in the future I'll give it a try :D

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom