Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thank you..looking forward to it!

remb0

Portal Pro
April 2, 2009
it's a shame that we can't see the progress. what we can by the programming status of MP.

But if i read this i'm very happy to see a new version is coming!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Our SVN repository is open remb0, if you are interested in progress and have minimal tech skills, you can create an "SVN Build" from there. We just feel like the best way to support a product and keep it stable is to only support official releases. Putting out SVN Builds means we would have to spend time trouble shooting issues with incomplete features. I do feel like we are pretty transparent though. Public IRC channel, public developers discussion newsgroup, public issue tracker/roadmap, public SVN repository, with a lot of interaction on the forums. We are doing the best we can.

Been thinking about launching a blog for the devs to post about development progress though, maybe I will look into setting something like that up after 0.8.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
i don't get it. there are people who work in their free-time to give us this great plugin, listen to wishes from users and implement them, help when there's a problem, have an issue-list where progress can be seen and it still isn't enough?

that's just ridiculous. really, a little less bitching and a bit more appreciation wouldn't harm...

@forde: personally, i wouldn't do the blog thingy. i reckon the time needed to maintain such a blog would be better spent working on the plugin itself.

MrCrispy

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
I think we'll all get a nice Jul 4 gift (may not be on July 4 but close enough :D).

BlackdogZA

Portal Pro
April 22, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm with boiler on this...think this is a great plugin and you guys should have to waste time continually providing status updates...once every few weeks is good enough for me.

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
November 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Boiler is right!
No blogs or other things. Just keep working on MP at your own pace. Don't let people speed you up. I wouldn't want you to lose the fun in such a project so take it easy.

People, just friggin' take the time to enjoy the plugin and patiently wait for a new release. I'm really amazed by how uncivilized some people are by continuesly asking for updates and releases, geez!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Thanks for the support guys, but go easy on remb0, I don't think he meant anything by it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom