[News] Digital Everywhere stops production of fire & floppy-dtv (1 Viewer)

Dutch74

Portal Member
August 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

What about this? ::: anysee E30PS2 Plus ::: and the external version ::: anysee E30S2Plus :::

It sounds nice. Around the same price. Available in November 2009.

Is it or will it be supported by MP?

The anysee products currently don't descramble in MediaPortal due to lack of information from anysee and restricted subscription card support i.e. NDS for testing.
A CAM solution is better as the anysee devices card reader only read a restricted number of emulated encryptions such a Conax, Viaccess & Irdeto.
VideoCrypt (NDS) amoungst others certainly does not work and never would due to licensing issues.

The currently supported CI devices in MediaPortal's TVServer are:

Digital-Everywhere
Twinhan (and clones)
TechnoTrend (and clones)
KNC1
and Hauppauge's USB CI device (only 1 device is supported)

Outside of that list we would need full SDK documentation as well as a wrapped DLL since we're using C#

DMAN

Did you say SDK documentation? Here you go... http://www.obcnet.nl/private/anysee SDK_0-9-6.zip :D

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I already have that -

It does not have a wrapped DLL we can use with c#.
    It does not have clear documentation on how to descramble.

Apart from listing methods without examples - it's pretty useless unless you do trial & error.
    Of which I cannot due to lack of subscription support.

DMAN

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Personally i have decided to stay far, far away from TerraTec and TechnoTrend. :)

Why, for what reason do you stay far, far away from them?

i got a suggestion :p how about TerreTec Cinergy S2 HD PCI CI and Hauppauge HVR-4000? Those are very common in stores, but i know issues when using newest drivers for the TerraTec one, not finding channels etc. Dunno if it's an actual error in the driver, or communication with MP.

Who else is big on DVB-S2 hardware? who makes hardware for the STB which comes from providers? I would like to see a better selection of DVB-hardware for HTPCs...

Both use seperate CI modules consuming a PCI slot or a USB device which isn't ideal.
    I didn't know the Cinergy S2 had an issue???
    BTW their S2 device is an OEM Twinhan - Mantis card.

DMAN

Here's where i finnaly found out, even though i thought it was allrigt first off. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-terratec-cinergy-s2-pci-hd-67024/#post497462

Is Hauppauge ok then? Or Twinhan? ...despite the need for two slots regarding CI, i've got a HUGE case ;)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Personally i have decided to stay far, far away from TerraTec and TechnoTrend. :)

i got a suggestion :p how about TerreTec Cinergy S2 HD PCI CI and Hauppauge HVR-4000? Those are very common in stores, but i know issues when using newest drivers for the TerraTec one, not finding channels etc. Dunno if it's an actual error in the driver, or communication with MP.

Who else is big on DVB-S2 hardware? who makes hardware for the STB which comes from providers? I would like to see a better selection of DVB-hardware for HTPCs...

Both use seperate CI modules consuming a PCI slot or a USB device which isn't ideal.
    I didn't know the Cinergy S2 had an issue???
    BTW their S2 device is an OEM Twinhan - Mantis card.

DMAN

Here's where i finnaly found out, even though i thought it was allrigt first off. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-terratec-cinergy-s2-pci-hd-67024/#post497462

Is Hauppauge ok then? Or Twinhan? ...despite the need for two slots regarding CI, i've got a HUGE case ;)

If you can put up with two slots per card then Twinhan & TechnoTrend & KNC1 cards are ok.
    Hauppauge also works but you can only use 1x WinTV-CI device via USB.
    Check for CAM compatibility before ordering.

DMAN

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hauppauge also works but you can only use 1x WinTV-CI device via USB.
    And even if your CAM is able to decode more than one channel at the time, the WinTv-CI is NOT able to do that!

My suggestion is to not to buy it. It is slow, can only decode one channel, and at least the rev i have here is very unstable.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I refused to spend a lot of money for a floppydtv/firedtv in the past and thats why i bought the cheaper ones.
    With which i had a lot "fun".
    CI took more than 20 seconds to init, drivers were extremely buggy, drivers got worse with each new release, card did not work properly after resume from s3/s4, 2 cards suddenly "died" and vanished from Devicemanager, support..... does not exist, the list is long. :)

I do not know if their products and support are better now, but you might know how it is when you only had bad experiences with a brand in the past.
    you wont buy it again. :)

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I refused to spend a lot of money for a floppydtv/firedtv in the past and thats why i bought the cheaper ones.
    With which i had a lot "fun".
    CI took more than 20 seconds to init, drivers were extremely buggy, drivers got worse with each new release, card did not work properly after resume from s3/s4, 2 cards suddenly "died" and vanished from Devicemanager, support..... does not exist, the list is long. :)

I do not know if their products and support are better now, but you might know how it is when you only had bad experiences with a brand in the past.
    you wont buy it again. :)

Do you have any suggestion for what to buy? Im scanning market and forums for a working replacement for dual floppy dvb-c solution. (Sweden Comhem) I also noticed that for CI on some cards uses a slot, so no buy there for me.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Since the CineView CI module is now supported in MediaPortal, I think the KNC ONE products are pretty decent?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Would you say Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV would be a bad deal to buy now that they're out of business? How is their compatibility with Win7? Or is there another DVB-S2 card you could recommend?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Would you say Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV would be a bad deal to buy now that they're out of business? How is their compatibility with Win7? Or is there another DVB-S2 card you could recommend?
    i have 1 floppydtv-s, 1x floppydtv-s2 and one firedtv-s2 running on my server PC which uses W7 64bit rtm.
    no problems with these cards using the latest beta driver from the DE website.
    and i am _not_ using the legacy Firewire driver btw. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom