Direct3D error after resuming from standby (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AKALuke said:
    My problem is not related to standby - it's related to fast user switching
    you switch the users with running MyTV ????

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    infinityloop said:
    you switch the users with running MyTV ????

It happens even if MyTV is not running.

My setup I think is a little unusual for running MP...

My PC is not a dedicated HTPC.

I have 2 users - one for me, one for my wife.
    I run MP mostly sitting in the systray and setup for scheduled recordings. Sometimes I watch live TV or recorded TV on my PC.

Examples:
    - MP running in system tray - MyTV is not active. I walk away from the PC - my wife walks up to the PC and hits "Windows L" to switch to her userid. When she's finished I switch to my userid and try to use MP :no window.

- MP running in system tray - MyTV is not active. I walk away from my PC and 10 minutes later the screen saver activates. I walk up to my PC and move the mouse and the Welcome screen appears. I enter my password and try to use MP: no window.

- MP running on desktop - MyTV is active. I walk away from the PC - my wife walks up to the PC and hits "Windows L" to switch to her userid. When she's finished I switch to my userid:no window.

- MP running on desktop - MyTV is active. I walk away from my PC and 10 minutes later the screen saver activates. I walk up to my PC and move the mouse and the Welcome screen appears. I enter my password: no window.

- MP running on desktop - MyTV is not active. I walk away from my PC and 10 minutes later the screen saver activates. I walk up to my PC and move the mouse and the Welcome screen appears. I enter my password: no window.

As far as I can tell, MP does not recover from the DEVICELOST - it never redraws the window contents under several situations that seem related to fast user switching.

10/08/2006 7:29:30 PM Exception :Error in the application.
    -2005530520 (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
    at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    10/08/2006 7:29:30 PM Exception :Error in the application.
    10/08/2006 7:29:30 PM site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    10/08/2006 7:29:30 PM source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    10/08/2006 7:29:30 PM stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    10/08/2006 7:29:38 PM Exception :Error in the application.
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    10/08/2006 7:29:38 PM Exception :Error in the application.
    10/08/2006 7:29:38 PM site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    10/08/2006 7:29:38 PM source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    10/08/2006 7:29:38 PM stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    10/08/2006 7:30:15 PM Exception :Error in the application.
    10/08/2006 7:30:15 PM Exception :Error in the application.
    10/08/2006 7:30:15 PM site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    10/08/2006 7:30:15 PM source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D

Make sense?

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    PS - Have you tried to recreate this yourself? It's much easier to understand if you see it yourself.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AKALuke said:
    PS - Have you tried to recreate this yourself? It's much easier to understand if you see it yourself.
    i know what you mean.

But MediaPortal is designed for a dedicated HTPC not for the way you use it
    :sorry:

The Problem is also not related to the Direct3D error.

You will have to wait untill the new TV-Engine is ready. That will run as windows service. so it doesnt matter which user is active at the moment and if MediaPortal is running or not. Your recodings will be done.

The currently used M$ Streambuffer Engine (and all the stuff that come along with it) simply has too much limitations and problems.

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    Fair enough.

BTW - My recording do get done - MP seems to be running fine - it just doesn't have any screen contents.

I'll start playing with the Fusion software that came with the card.

Thanks and Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom