[TV] disable the (repeating) "connection to tv server lost" message? (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    JIRA BUG MP1-2559

My tv server is sometimes switched off. Any MP clients that use it as the tv service receive a "Connection to TV Server Lost" message pop-up (on the Titan skin at least), every few seconds or about once a minute, I guess depending on what the user is doing and what MP is trying to do in the background.

There doesn't appear to be any way to stop this apart from manually going into MP Configuration and disabling the TV module. That's clearly not a solution and creates a negative WAF.

I get that its important to notify the user that the tv service isn't available, but after that initial message, they're going to know its not available simply because they won't be able to enter the TV section to watch live TV. So there's really no point in constantly reminding the user every minute or every time MP tries to do something internally related to the tv server and fails.

I don't know if this is a skin issue and didn't want to double-post, so I thought I'd try here first!

EDIT : Area51 Thread open :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ice_detection_from_tvserver_in_tvhome.120159/

Last edited by a moderator:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @dir: I have moved your thread to this area of the forum as I hope it wil get some more attention here..

This is for me also a really anoying thing for years now, but my situation is a bit different:

I'm having a singleseat setup that is working fine. But sometimes, I'm getting this message when the system is in idle, and I'm NOT watching television. (it never happend when I'm watching television) The tvservice is stopped than, so the connection with it will be lost. I have tried a lot of things to solve it, but after a couple of years now, I'm done with it. The only 'kind of' solution for me is to let the tv-service start automaticly again after it stopped working. That is working fine, and I'm always able to start watching live television. Without this I had to restart Mediaportal everytime as this will trigger a restart of the tvservice (and so the connection) aswell..

But an option to hide this message completely would be really awesome!! Now I need to close the message everytime manually..

@Developers Is anyone interested in creating a fix for this?

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yeah, this is very annoying. I even did a patch to move this notification ffrom popup to NotificationBar plugin but it was buried somewhere here.
    Same with music notification. Why do I need to close manually popup that mp cannot play this file? why it is not hiding automactically?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I am working on a branch that should solve it too.
    I mean there is an issue by detecting TVService (sometimes it say it's connected but it's not and then when it detect it's really off -> message)

I have a bin for test based on MP 1.4.0 if you want to test :)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Seb,
    Does your patch also stop the message from popping up all the time, as per my original post - in other words, there's nothing wrong with my setup - I just don't want to see that message appear every few seconds when the TV Server is not available.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seb,
    Does your patch also stop the message from popping up all the time, as per my original post - in other words, there's nothing wrong with my setup - I just don't want to see that message appear every few seconds when the TV Server is not available.

That's exactly what I mean.. I just don't want to see that message!! Or like @Edalex suggested, move it to the notificationbar.. But is that still developed? Never understand how to use that..

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe the OKDialog can be enhanced with a timeout feature? Like the Win 8 notifications that go away after ignoring them a while, but stay visible if you do nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom