[TV] disable the (repeating) "connection to tv server lost" message? (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Guys, what about skin property with word "online" instead of GUIDialogOK?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Guys, what about skin property with word "online" instead of GUIDialogOK?

So the message could be disabled in the skinfiles? Sounds as a great solution to me!

@Sebastiii: about your solution: Any chance to add a time-out to the message? So let the message move from the screen after let's say 5 seconds or so? :)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Seb -
    I've tried out your patch (binaries) and they work (W764, MP 1.4). My tvserver is unavailable right now and I get an initial message but after that it doesn't show up again.
    I don't have access to the TVserver right now so I can't give feedback on what happens if/when the tvserver becomes available/not available.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii: about your solution: Any chance to add a time-out to the message? So let the message move from the screen after let's say 5 seconds or so? :)

I have change to that, now it's a dialog notify with a timeout of 5 seconds :)

That mean, if TVService goes to off, we only get 1 message with 5 sec timeout :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Seb,

Working fine for me on the dev laptop.

One thought - is it possible to reduce the amount of logging if the TV server is off-line (which is most of the time in my case) - the log fills up with:

Code:
    [2013-07-01 13:11:42,845] [Log	] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [DEBUG] - RemoteControl - Disconnected st :	at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
      at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
      at TvControl.RemoteControl.InvokeEvents()
      at TvControl.RemoteControl.RefreshRemotingConnectionStatus()
      at TvControl.RemoteControl.get_Instance()
      at TvPlugin.TVHome.HeartBeatTransmitter()
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    [2013-07-01 13:11:42,845] [Log	] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Disconnected

....messages every 8 seconds.

The [DEBUG] exception message doesn't really add much information (compared to the [INFO] message), so maybe we could change the [INFO] message into a [DEBUG] level message, and remove the exception message completely - what do you think ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom