[TV] disable the (repeating) "connection to tv server lost" message? (2 Viewers)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Do those files be replaced on both server and client side? As didnt work when just did it on the client side.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Seb,

Working fine for me on the dev laptop.

One thought - is it possible to reduce the amount of logging if the TV server is off-line (which is most of the time in my case) - the log fills up with:

....messages every 8 seconds.

The [DEBUG] exception message doesn't really add much information (compared to the [INFO] message), so maybe we could change the [INFO] message into a [DEBUG] level message, and remove the exception message completely - what do you think ?

Hi Tony,

I have set double log line in code for this part (one when we are in debug log setting and one on info).
    Info we just see one log line and debug the ex value.

I was thinking to keep only one log line for debug too, like you said, there not really good information from it.

And thanks for the test :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Do those files be replaced on both server and client side? As didnt work when just did it on the client side.

Client side should be enough (should) so maybe you need to change both :)

We have on client side :

Copy tvcontrol.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    Copy tvplugin.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows

On server side :

Copy tvcontrol.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

:p

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I didn't copy to tv server folder just the other folders same as client and seems ok? Do I also need to copy it to server folder also?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If we are in sort of final installer both will be replaced, so i would say yes to replace the server one too :)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    So also in the media portal folder on the server and then also in tv server folder on the server? So in total the tvcontrol.dll is copied twice onto server side.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    So also in the media portal folder on the server and then also in tv server folder on the server? So in total the tvcontrol.dll is copied twice onto server side.

On server side (only mediaporta tvserver) :)

I copied to both areas though on server side as that's also single seat as we watch tv on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom