disapointment (1 Viewer)

redknight

Portal Member
February 15, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello everybody. I am just getting back on here after a full factory restore. I
will get back to my normal obnoxious self in the morning.

What should my aspect ratio be and where do I change it? I ask because several things are missing or out of place making me think it is wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1361357400][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus some images are not displayed.

redknight

Portal Member
February 15, 2013
Home Country
Reinstalling sql files didn't work I dld something different than what I had, because I never saw the work bench before. I looked through it and found it interesting. The only thing did was setup a connection. I think I did get an updated server out of it though.

Still thinking about a full factory clean instalation.[DOUBLEPOST=1361117502][/DOUBLEPOST]I did import a file made someplace else and as much as I know about nero 12 it worked. I have a lot more to learn.

If I do a win 7 32 bit it is going to cost me 80 plus dollars. Now if I could find a pirated version. I think I would try a factory install of 64 first.
Have you changed anything for your Windows installation, that may be causing you grief, also have a 64bit setup running fine, but just from some of the things you have said you have had problems with, sound to much like a corrupted windows installation, have you removed any major features, is this a upgrade or clean install.

Personally always went for a clean install, with all windows updates, created a system image and go forward from that point.

paranoid delusion
I think you just sent me another reply at 8:11 on Sunday, but I can't find it. Or was that another conversation and I misunderstood the alert and thought it was a reply for me. I haven't seen an alert before.

I don't believe so. Unless the card itself is causing the problem. I don't think an antena with a spliter could do that. Btw. the sound and video problems are still there after the restore. The video freezes. the signal is lost, and the sound is still 2 seconds behind the video. I am not sure yet if the video is continous thru the signal loss and freeze. The sound could probably be solved with a setting or shifting it in relation to the video. I know the sound has some syncronizing option.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could you give us your system build specifications, ie Windows OS, cpu, gpu, motherboard, ram and yes we know its 64bit, but which one.

These may help us to find out why you are having these issues, which none of us find "normal".

Have you got a single hard drive, or multiple hdd's, maybe even running OS on a SSD, these all make a major difference.

As a last resort, If Window MCE is installed, do you have issues with TV there, because if you do, then chances are, you will also have them with MP.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Ray I think I should hold off on that as I think it actually instaled and is running. It is so huge I can't be sure.
    One of my problems with instalation sql servers might have been that they were down when I tried to connect. So far I have seen tv set up and a couple screens inside mp. I may have a problem with directX as it never suggested where it should be. I said desktop and that proved to be a big mistake. I couldn't find out how to properly remove it so I could suggest a more reasonable place. Now there is a question of a dll not being found. I am really confused at this point.

Last edited:

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Ray I think I should hold off on that as I think it actually instaled and is running. It is so huge I can't be sure.
    One of my problems with instalation sql servers might have been that they were down when I tried to connect. So far I have seen tv set up and a couple screens inside mp. I may have a problem with directX as it never suggested where it should be. I said desktop and that proved to be a big mistake. I couldn't find out how to properly remove it so I could suggest a more reasonable place. Now there is a question of a dll not being found. I am really confused at this point.

It can't be anything but up and running. I have changed the start up screen, seen menus on the pop up, and learned how to get rid of them. I hate to say it but maybe the sql servers were down. That way it couldn't get routines it needed and refused to start. I don't think I thought of the solution but it is possible but maybe my reinstalation was the answer. Anyhow all 3/4 parts are running. Even the tv config is running. I am checking win media now, but I am prety sure it has not improved. It is still true that the sound is 2 sec out of sync with the picture. If mp can by editing or by setting option trhen it mighy not matter.

i

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Could you give us your system build specifications, ie Windows OS, cpu, gpu, motherboard, ram and yes we know its 64bit, but which one.

These may help us to find out why you are having these issues, which none of us find "normal".

Have you got a single hard drive, or multiple hdd's, maybe even running OS on a SSD, these all make a major difference.

As a last resort, If Window MCE is installed, do you have issues with TV there, because if you do, then chances are, you will also have them with MP.

I will try my best.
    windows 7 home premium version 6.1.7600 build 7600
    Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz, 2803 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    intell (r) g41 graphics processor
    motherboard couldn't find it
    ram = 4 gig
    x64 based pc
    single terabyte hard drive

by win mce I assume mean win media center. Yep it's got problems. It loses the signal, drops the video but I can still hear it, and when it does hold a signal the sound is two second behind the picture. If I am not mistaken there is an option that says "if the video is out of scync" you choose that option to improve it.
    There was a way to get the MB numbers during start. They were suppose to be in the lower right corner but you had to be quick with the pause button to read it. I tried several times but couldn't catch numbers that flash by after it says done. I did see though that there were no numbers in that lower right corner. I know f10 will get you into the bios but you have to be real carefull there. Why do they put info on the that even superman couldn't read it fast enough is beyond my comprehension. Forcing restart several times in a row messes up restart bad enough that startup repair works forever and doesn't get done. I finally had to accept restart without protection, I had no good disks for backup and restore was turned off so no restore points either. It is on now with one maybe useless restore point.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Where can I find windows 7 64 bit drivers so that I can try captureing something for MP. I have looked and looked, but I just can't find them.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Good news guys. I don't know yet what I did but it was the right thing to do. This morning I found win media ctr working. It's sound is still 2 seconds behind and it still will lose the signal. Sometimes just the picture.
    I have a copy of nero 12 video. It was also showing a picture and allowing me to configure the tuner card.
    I saved the best news for last MP is also working
    One of the three driver in sound and video is outdated maybe. That particular driver works with the radio as well as the video. That is the one several driver mngt programs say is outdated, but windows says it isn't. I don't trust windows a lot so I will be replacing it and maybe the other two also.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Ever since I posted information requested by Paranoid Delusion I haven't seen one response by anyone. Is that an MP policie? If someone is having a difficult time, they are ignored without any explanation at all. I think that is one of the most repugnant things that has ever happened to me. If I have made an error in stating that I am truly sorry. If I can somehow continue that thread somewhere else and either get a solution or some kind of explanation as to why there can't be an answer to my problem, I will be happy to re-post the info I gave or just about anything else.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom