Discussion Thread for: MediaPortal 2 Installation and Setup Guides (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0"
    Are you sure you've looked at the right folder? ProgramData normally is a hidden folde so you have to make sure, Explorer is showing hidden files/folders too...

I see "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTVCore3" with the following sub-dirs:
    I'm 100% sure that you had looked at C:Program Files instead of ProgramData as the content you list here is from Program Files,

jasells

July 24, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yah, I have been dense. :confused: I was looking in Program Files, not ProgramData. I guess it's a case of code blindness. ... Or I'll blame it on the kids... in any case ProgramData makes way more sense, and I was trying to think where else this file would be stored, since Program Files is a no-no anymore. I did look in AppData....

Anyway, good catch.

landes

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    München
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am running MP1 successfully, but want to try MP2. Is it necessary to remove MP1 from the single seat PC before installing MP2. Can the tuning information and channels sorting from MP1 be imported into MP2.
    Thanks for a early reply.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it necessary to remove MP1 from the single seat PC before installing MP2.
    No, but you must stop the TV Server service first before running MP2. I recommend to completely deactivate the service to ensure that you don't accidentally launch the MP1 service.

Can the tuning information and channels sorting from MP1 be imported into MP2.
    Yes, they can. Before deactivating the TV service open the MP1 TV configuration and export your channels and groups. After having installed MP2, open the MP2 TV configuration and import the file that you exported under MP1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I suggest linking to the top-level SQL Server wiki page instead of enumerating the individual versions, which I plan to expand soon to include MS SQL Server Express 2019.
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom