[confirm] Dishpro LNB; scanning finds Radio not TV channels (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

sorry I didn't reply

my genpix card was the problem (I've shipped it for repair)...was going to report feedback with logs when I get my card returned.
    No worries! :)

the reason we were able to scan 82 /129 was editing the ini file as posted by Rosl.

downloading the transponder will result a A with 2 dots over it in the file name? I had to change the file name for it to work. (does the download file coming from MP now?)

also a file called satelites.ini might be needed for downloading?
    I'm sorry I don't really understand what you're saying here. The satellites.ini file is a settings file that is installed with TV Server. It lists the satellites that you are able to scan in TV Server configuration with the name of the transponder list file and the URL where an updated transponder file can be downloaded from. The transponder files are now hosted on MP servers, yes...

Here are the logs, this is with DishPro lnb's, 3X4 DishPro switch powered on output 1 with a DishPro ird. Skywalker1 with firmware upgraded to current and BDA 0.1.0.0.4 I have edited to the xml files to account for media portal not reading cir left... "Horizontal" or so I was told.
    You seem to be using MP 1.2.1 - my patches are for MP 1.2.2 so that explains the problems. You'll need to upgrade to MP 1.2.2 if you want to test.

mm

gumpy

Portal Member
    January 2, 2012
    You seem to be using MP 1.2.1 - my patches are for MP 1.2.2 so that explains the problems. You'll need to upgrade to MP 1.2.2 if you want to test.
    very sorry about that. new installation 2 weeks ago, and could have sworn it was the latest. Will upgrade, patch and report.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, mm,

I guess I didn't quite understand what was going on, results me not properly asking the question..

the default install has the transpoder list files already included but the the letter A and a symbol over it in the file name. When click update.. these files are not deleted to download the ini files from MP...(not sure if delete all ini files before downloading was changed or it did delete by left the other questionable files?)
    so in this case... I am with 2 sets of ini files each (one with the proper name and the other with the A + symbol character)
    its not hurting anything as it is downloading the proper file.

now the proper file that is downloading from MP needs to be modified for both 192 and 82 for the Turbo-QPSK modulation. But I'm no expert in this area.

now as for the satelites.ini file question
    I remembered that I was messing with a older version of MP with different downloads url
    (sorry about that)
    just a question about what if satelites.ini file was deleted.. this will results unable to download the ini files which then unable to scan?

thanks again

Vff

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi MM,

Hope all is well. I upgraded my TV Server and MP Client machines to 1.2.2. Is this patch a modified version from this thread here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/793032-post61.html ?

I'm now having an issue since upgrading. I'm using a 22Khz switch. I was able to scan in both Sats fine with all of the channels. However I can only Tune to one Sat. I get a No Signal on one of them. I'm wondering if I misunderstood what this new patch was for?

Thank you.

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi MM,

Hope all is well. I upgraded my TV Server and MP Client machines to 1.2.2. Is this patch a modified version from this thread here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/793032-post61.html ?

I'm now having an issue since upgrading. I'm using a 22Khz switch. I was able to scan in both Sats fine with all of the channels. However I can only Tune to one Sat. I get a No Signal on one of them. I'm wondering if I misunderstood what this new patch was for?

Thank you.

Just to Update, I now don't see values in the "TuningDetail" database for lnblowfrequency,lnbhighfrequency, and lnbswitchfrequency after scanning.

Thanks!

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm,

I've recieved my card from the shop and did some testing and right away it worked
    switching worked great.

a question tho and not sure if posting here is the place

theres far too many unknow channels ( I did change the scan value 30, 60 thingy)

I've tested with DVBdream and every channel has a name and epg worked there.

I was wondering if there anything we can do to help in this area as we are rely on plugins and manual setups in this area.

could area 51 be the place for this or...?

thanks

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom