[confirm] Dishpro LNB; scanning finds Radio not TV channels (1 Viewer)

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi mm,

was wondering if you look in the logs and see why I'm unable to scan with my Genpix card. I think the last time it worked was version 1.1.5?

I've changed with your patch and did the script as well with MP 1.2.1 with no luck.

thanks

Vff

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

There aren't any obvious errors in the logs. Is there a reason you're using the DVBS network provider instead of the generic one (tuner setting - "preferred network provider")? We recommend the generic one for Vista and 7. See the notes on the setting in our wiki -->here<--. If that fails to work for you then if you can be patient with me I may be able to supply you with a patch for the Genpix support in the next week or so. I think our current code is woefully out of date - your tuner is currently not recognised as a Genpix tuner (!!! :(). Having said that, really the only thing that would be improved by the patch is DiSEqC support. Basic tuning should work even now...

mm

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again

There aren't any obvious errors in the logs. Is there a reason you're using the DVBS network provider instead of the generic one (tuner setting - "preferred network provider")? We recommend the generic one for Vista and 7. See the notes on the setting in our wiki -->here<--. If that fails to work for you then if you can be patient with me I may be able to supply you with a patch for the Genpix support in the next week or so. I think our current code is woefully out of date - your tuner is currently not recognised as a Genpix tuner (!!! :(). Having said that, really the only thing that would be improved by the patch is DiSEqC support. Basic tuning should work even now...

mm

hi mm,
    thanks for the quick respond.

I selected the DVB-S instead of the generic as I've read it somewhere and it worked (for a buddy of mine who is still using 1.1.5 who also has the genpix)
    I also suspected having 2 sat card was the problem so I removed the technotrend.
    note: I tried generic option and came up with the same results just now.

hey mm, about me waiting for a couple of week should be up to you ... heck you can take a month if you want! :)

many thanks

Vff

just remembered that I may have used this CC patch as well but don't think it will be a issue.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/814260-post1.html

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi MM,
    happy new year!

I was wondering if version 1.2.2 have the fix as I didn't have any luck with it. I'm currently testing the CC install from Area51 but unable to test the HD part for sebbasti.

many thanks

Vff

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and happy new year to you too! :)

I'll get straight to the point: no, 1.2.2 doesn't have the fix. The patch I was proposing to give you is a part of some experimental improvements and refactoring of our hardware support that I'm working on at the moment. Unfortunately I still haven't managed to get to Genpix as Twinhan and TBS have been trickier and far more time consuming than I expected. Are you able to be patient for a little while longer?

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

of course!
    :D
    You're too kind! :)
    I felt very bad for making you wait for so long so I decided to put what I was working on aside and see what I could do in an evening. I got more done than I expected; so much that I'm actually able to offer you a first "beta" for you to test. Hopefully there won't be too many complaints about that! :D

So I think I need to give you a brief explanation of what I've found out...
    First, there is/was an existing implementation of DiSEqC support for Genpix tuners in TV Server. I already knew that implemenatation didn't match the official information that I received from Genpix late last year when I spoke to you a month ago, however I didn't have the full picture until this evening. I don't know if you're aware of this but it seems there is an open source alternative BDA driver for Genpix tuners available (link). That driver was apparently developed by a third party before the official BDA driver was available. It is that driver that TV Server already supports; we did/do not officially support the DiSEqC and custom tuning implementation in the official driver at this time.

What have I done?
    I have refactored the support for the alternate driver to add tone burst (simple DiSEqC) and dish motor (raw DiSEqC) support. I've also added support for tone burst, standard DiSEqC 1.0, dish motor and custom tuning support for the official driver.

What have I not done?
    I haven't "officially" implemented support for all the fancy modulation types that the Genpix demodulators support. Having said that, you can still use them if you want. You just have to scan with the correct tuning parameters (particularly modulation). Of course that doesn't say anything about support for DSS and DC II packet formats in TsWriter or TsReader. As far as I'm aware TsWriter and TsReader *may* support DC II; DSS is *definitely* not supported, and I don't see support for that being added in the forseable future. Getting back to tuning, here is some critical information about which modulation values you should use (left column is the modulation value to use, right column is target modulation):

// QPSK => DVB-S QPSK
    // 16 QAM => Turbo FEC QPSK
    // 8 PSK => Turbo FEC 8 PSK
    // DirecTV => DSS QPSK
    // 32 QAM => DC II Combo
    // 64 QAM => DC II Split (I)
    // 80 QAM => DC II Split (Q)
    // 96 QAM => DC II OQPSK

The other thing I haven't done is implement support for legacy Dish Network switches. The Genpix driver does support them but it would be too much work for me to add support for that at this time. I think it is conceivable that we could add support for legacy Dish switches in the future, but not immediately.

Okay, so last comes the info about the patch. This patch is only compatible with MP 1.2.2 so you'll need to upgrade if you're using any other version of MP.

1. Stop TV Server and close MP and TV Server config.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the DLLs in the patch into your TV Server install folder, replacing the existing files.
    4. Copy the TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll into your MP install folder.
    5. You're good to go! :)

I'm providing 2 versions of the patch for you to test. The BDA tune version uses the standard BDA tuning mechanism for tuning; the custom tune version uses the Genpix direct tuning implementation. Note that the custom tune method is only implemented for the official driver. I'd really appreciate any testing that you're able to do - I'm thinking both drivers and both versions of the DLL if you have the time - as I don't think I know of anybody else with a Genpix tuner. If you have any friends with Genpix tuners then they're also welcome to test! :)

Sing out if you have any questions or the patch causes problems...
    mm

Attachments

• TVLibrary(v1.0)[1.2.2_genpix_bda_tune].zip
      196.9 KB
    • TVLibrary(v1.0)[1.2.2_genpix_custom_tune].zip
      196.9 KB

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello again

of course!
    :D
    You're too kind! :)
    I felt very bad for making you wait for so long so I decided to put what I was working on aside and see what I could do in an evening. I got more done than I expected; so much that I'm actually able to offer you a first "beta" for you to test. Hopefully there won't be too many complaints about that! :D

Sing out if you have any questions or the patch causes problems...
    mm

Hi mm,
    I don't think anyone has complaint... right guys? ..right??? hehe

I've done a quick test and couldnt scan still but...(I was using the svn 1.2.2.145 install from area51 "CC" not sure if this was the smart way to test it.) if this was ok.. I can post logs quickly.

another note:
    a good friend did a test and here was his respond
    "I tried both those patches and things were worse. could not scan or tune any channels on 8 PSK.

Then I remembered what happened the last update, the transponder files get updated.
    On 82 for example, the transponders are duplicated. Top half of the file has Modnotset for 21500, while the bottom sets it to Mod8psk. I removed the modnotset entries, and it scan channels in fine.
    Same goes for 129..."

I've asked him for his modified transponder ini file so I could test it and report back to you.

thanks again

Vff

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi mm,

i was unable to scan even when I modified the ini file (i may have done it wrong)

I've created a log using the custom patch as I think it's for the current drivers I'm using (0.1.0.4 from genpix's website)

just so you know.. the current transponder list when install has a  letter in all the files and yet when you start the scan.. it will download a new ini file without the letter.

hope this was clear

Vff

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In your logs its still not calling the right modulation for transponders with 21500. See the attached file which works for me.
    Delete already scanned in channels so they pick up on correct values when newly scanned.

Attachments

• 82.0°W Nimiq 4.rar
      523 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom