[DIY] Selfmade AmbiLight using LED Strings (3 Viewers)

FunkyMunkey

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
Leeds
Home Country
England England
Thanks for that guys. It seems to work just great. I just need to try to calibrate the lights so they output the correct colours.

I'm also having a couple of problems with my TV which my I can't finish the project properly. The first one I bought had a really bad backlight bleed. They exchanged it, but the replacement has a stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen... ARRRRGH! Now I have to wait until I'm back from holiday for them to pick up the TV and replace it!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for that guys. It seems to work just great. I just need to try to calibrate the lights so they output the correct colours.
    Glad to hear :).

I'm also having a couple of problems with my TV which my I can't finish the project properly. The first one I bought had a really bad backlight bleed. They exchanged it, but the replacement has a stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen... ARRRRGH! Now I have to wait until I'm back from holiday for them to pick up the TV and replace it!
    Yeah i know what you mean, you can have very bad luck with that kind of stuff :(. Hope you get a new and good one soon. And then... we wanna see pictures and videos of course ;).

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did the prices from the leds drop that hard? Or im a searching for the wrong LEDS? Because there is a big difference in price between yours and the one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pc-12mm-D...rs-Waterproof-Addressable-Color-/150889364507

The price is pretty much the same as then.
    However i bought 3 leds strings from 3 different sellers. My first purchase was from a chinese reseller and these never arrived. I then bought from a german reseller, however they sent me leds with another chip, they claimed it was ws2801, but it wasnt. So after all that and me having everything ready to complete my build apart from the leds, i became impatient and just bought from the next guy who was selling and shipping from germany and where i could be pretty sure it were the right chips ;). Thats why i paid so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom