[DIY] Selfmade AmbiLight using LED Strings (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    don't forget the power issue ....
    Well, i can't say much useful about it, since i still don't know what caused this 'change'.
    Working on a showcase thread now, and will add more info later. ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i think the size wire ...
    Nope, it's not, because i used the same wiring as before. I suspect a short circuit with the alu casing of the TV somewhere, which might have acted as Ground and prevented the big voltage drop. But who knows, not enough 'power' knowledge in the grey mass to be certain about that.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Looks great HomeY! I think you need about 30ms delay though
    TNX.
    You think so? That's probably the filter length that makes it fade a tiny bit slower?

It's the other way, not enough delay making the lights just slightly before the picture. If you try a video that goes very bright suddenly (the opening scene in Inception is a good test for this!) then you would like both screen and lights to go bright at the same time.

If anything, too much delay is preferable because the lights appear to smear.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's the other way, not enough delay making the lights just slightly before the picture. If you try a video that goes very bright suddenly (the opening scene in Inception is a good test for this!) then you would like both screen and lights to go bright at the same time.
    I'll go check that out, must have that movie stashed somewhere on the disks.

To be honest, i haven't paid much attention to your sketch yet, because of my hardware issues with the LEDs, so i preferred to use the same sketches for testing over and over ;)
    But if i notice a delay, i'll be the first to check it out ;)

FunkyMunkey

Portal Member
    December 4, 2008
    Leeds
    Home Country
    England England
    Right, so I'm a little confused about what to load up to the Arduino uno now. There doesn't seem to be a clear explanation anywhere!

I've confirmed that all of the LEDs are working using LEDstream, I've downloaded the FastSPI libraries. Do I simply now upload the Fast2Dev library to the Arduino, having changed number of LEDs?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right, so I'm a little confused about what to load up to the Arduino uno now. There doesn't seem to be a clear explanation anywhere!

I've confirmed that all of the LEDs are working using LEDstream, I've downloaded the FastSPI libraries. Do I simply now upload the Fast2Dev library to the Arduino, having changed number of LEDs?

Hey,
    there is a new version of FastSPI, its called FastLED. https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/releases
    I also attached a newer version of Atmoduino that should work with this libs. Maybe @HomeY or @azzuro can double check if im correct?
    Change the parameters in the Atmoduino sketch to fit your setup and run that. Then connect with AtmoWin to your arduino.

Hope that helps :)

EDIT buy Azzuro :
    The good sketch in the V2.

Attachments

• Atmoduino_by_Olli123.rar
      917 bytes
    • Atmoduino_by_Olli123_v2.rar
      1,021 bytes
    Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom