DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    True, although I did various tests where I shut down everything I could on the server and it was still an issue. So it could've been a hardware issue (disk controller maybe) or something to do with FlexRAID, which should in theory have been idle but maybe caused other issues.
    Hmmmm, like any other DVR software, TV Server requires reliable disk access. RAID, virtualisation, network attached storage, drive pooling, RAM disks... all really useful functions/products/technologies that have the potential to introduce disk access issues. If you can get TV Server to co-exist happily with some or all of the aforementioned things then all power to you. Sometimes it just won't work. Simpler is often better. :)

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used to use DVB-T Tuner with MediaPortal and Hyper-V and had no end of issues, ended up switching to DVB-S and the problems completely went away.

Thanks for the new version, will give it a go :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I used to use DVB-T Tuner with MediaPortal and Hyper-V and had no end of issues, ended up switching to DVB-S and the problems completely went away.
    There's no inherent difference in handling between DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2 tuners that would explain that result. It seems more likely that the result would be explained by tuner driver or connectivity (eg. USB vs. PCIe or PCI) differences, or perhaps stream bitrates (eg. standard definition vs. high definition)... or something else entirely.

Pseudomax

Portal Member
    January 11, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi ears, many thanks for the update ... I thought I might be limited to version 1.11 before you updated the latest version.

One bug for me though (but actually occasionally was a problem previously too) is that although the grabber is set to run every 3 hours ... it seems to disable itself and only run if I do manual grab. Maybe this is caused by a different problem, but it was definitely triggered by installing your latest upgrade ...

(I can post logs if this is not obvious)

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Hi - yes I believe this is an issue but I don't think it'll be fixed as I'm under the impression that we no longer have the source code for the actual plugin. I think @DJBlu had a hard drive crash and lost the source.

It's usually fixable by playing around with it. Mine's working. But I never got it to work on 'every day at x o clock' it always had to be 'every x hours'.

I keep meaning to have a furtle around in the database and have a look at what's actually being written into there. See if I can at least work out a workaround.

Pseudomax

Portal Member
    January 11, 2015
    Home Country
    Ahh ... well that makes a lot of sense as I checked after posting this and saw that my schedule was set to update at 4am every day (contrary to what I posted earlier) ... so I have already set it to every 3 hours now ... so that should rectify it?! I'll post back in a week or so when I see it working ...

Many thanks ...

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    It should rectify it. I haven't looked into it in any detail yet but I believe I'm set to update every 24 hours but have my suspicions that it's doing it every 3 hours anyway.

haystax

Portal Member
    July 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Is anyone else in the UK getting wrong program data in their EPG using the Sky UK Grabber? It's mainly on channel 819 (Iqra TV) where the programs are completely wrong, they don't match with sky's guide and what's actually being broadcast but it also happens to a lesser extent on other channels (like GEO TV 807). I'm concerned it might just be my setup. Here's a couple of screenshots showing my EPG (it's from KODI, but it matches exactly with the Mediaportal EPG) vs. the Sky EPG.

Screenshot (14).png Screenshot (15).png

Any suggestions on how to start troubleshooting this? It happens when I do a manual grab or a scheduled one.

haystax

Portal Member
    July 27, 2015
    Home Country
    So I've done a little digging and found a Rytec xml for Sky UK. It has exactly the same issue. The EPG for channel 819 is completely wrong. It's also wrong using EPG Collector. I don't think this is an issue exclusive to the plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom