DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (4 Viewers)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Hi - if you're getting errors with the vanilla version I'd advise that you install that and ask for help in the main forums - they'll be much better placed to help.

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
I have this working-ish... When it grabs I get loads of "no channel found for networkid:0x2 transportid: blah serviceid:blah, loads of these in the log and it doesn't seem to update many of my channels with EPG data. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance...

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I've just done a fresh install of this and it's working OK apart from it's not auto updating like my old 1.4 version did. I have Powerscheduler set up to wake up at 01:00 and the plugin set to update at 01:05. It wakes up according to the logs but does nothing and goes to sleep again after 15 mins (my timeout setting).

Any ideas?

dabotsonline

Portal Member
January 3, 2008
Please find attached a universal installer for MediaPortal 1.9. This will install full MediaPortal 1.9 with the Sky Grabber modification integrated. This installer should work if you're installing MP for the first time or upgrading from a relatively recent (probably about 1.4 onwards) version of MP.

considering we have a new thread, i wrote a guide on getting this all setup from scratch. feel free to move it to your opening post if you like. here it is:

Hi @ears and @MonkeyJug , thanks for all your hard work.

However, I've just tried a fresh install of MediaPortalSetup_1.9.0_2014-10-01-12-44.exe on Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9860 (the updated version that was released on October 21: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...rst-new-build-to-the-windows-insider-program/ ) and - irrespective of whether I install it with a regular double-click, in Administrator mode, in Windows 7 compatibility mode (or even Vista compatibility mode), or in Windows 7 Compatibility mode and in Administrator mode - I receive the following error:

Compatibility Mode: Windows 7 [6.1.7600.0]
Sorry, your OS is currently not supported by MediaPortal!

Is there any chance that you could update MediaPortalSetup_1.9.0_2014-10-01-12-44.exe with the changes made to MediaPortalSetup_1.9.0-10-g3b17e50_(MP1-4574-REWORK-Allow_Windows_10_Preview_install_and_add_Server_2012_R2_to_OS_list_branch)_for_TESTING_ONLY_2014-10-04-21-13.exe :

[Help Us!] - Allow MediaPortal to be installed on windows 10 Technical Preview
(by @HomeY )

JIRA issue:https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4574
Allow Windows 10 Preview install and add Server 2012 R2 to OS list

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...alled-on-windows-10-technical-preview.127876/

Thanks!

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Is anyone else getting lots of errors suddenly when updating EPG? Mine was working fine for a long time but now I get lots of errors - error decoding title, index was outside the bounds of the array - in the plugin log window on the general tab. It screws up my channel list and EPG but I can't work out why it's suddenly started doing it. Anyone ever seen this before?

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
October 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
No problems here. Mine has been rock solid since the install. Never failed to update EPG data. Only issue is the series link is a bit hit and miss sometimes, but that's easily overcome by choosing 'record all on same channel', rather than 'series link' option.

My server runs 24/7 though with only very occasional reboots...

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Mine does update the EPG, it just encounters a few errors along the way meaning that the EPG it ends up importing is incomplete and it does som strange things with channels and numbers. Doesn't always happen - can go through fine, but other times will get a few errors. Strange one.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I get those sometimes too, but I just repeat it and it goes through OK. Still having no luck getting it to update on a schedule thougha nd have to do it by hand every day, very annoying.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Thanks Alun. I did have a look at the code - there wasn't anything obvious in there but I think it's an old version of the code anyway so even if I found a problem and recompiled it would probably take the plugin back about 5 versions anyway.

I'm weighing up my options - rewriting the plugin in C# - a massive undertaking but at least I've got DJBlu's VB code to pilfer from - also maybe doing a bit of decompiling of the current plugin DLLs to see what it comes out like.

It's likely to be a long time before I have anything though and DJBlu may well be back and in the hotseat long before then, there are others looking into it too, so it might just be a case of pressing that button every day, although I believe the 'every x hours' option is more reliable. If you go for that opiton I believe the plugin will attempt to update x hours after the last update (a value it stores in the database). So if you want it to update at 2am every morning, stay up, do a manual update at 2am then set it to update every 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom