DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (2 Viewers)

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Thanks for doing that, even though it didn't return any obvious problems.

Am I right in saying that the plugin itself doesn't do any scheduling itself per se, i.e. it doesn't set any wake timers? If so, I assume it just gets triggered by the normal EPG Grabbing code along with any other DVB EPG grabbing that might be scheduled too. So I wonder if there's some weird interaction going on between the "Grabbing while Idle" settings in the DVB EPG settings and the Schedule settings in the plugin that means only certain combinations of settings result in the plugin deciding it needs to grab.

Also I wonder if I manually change the value of 'SKYUKPLUG_LastUpdate' in the database to a value just after when I have the EPG scheduled in PowerScheduler would it make it run?

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
OK, it gets stranger ...

Yesterday around 9.15am I ran a manual grab which worked perfectly. I currently have the plugin schedule set for every 24 hours just to see what happened (nothing!) but accidentally left something running on the box last night that prevented standby, and lo and behold this morning I noticed the EPG had updated. OK, you might say, but what was strange was that it did it at 2.08am, which is nowhere near 24h after the last run, but a little over 17h. It is, however, very close to the time of 2am still showing in the (unchecked) "Grab every day at ..." part of the dialogue box.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
More info ... tonight it updated too, which is great, but this time it was at 2:29am. There were some other German channels on Astra 19.2E that were also scheduled to grab every 24hrs that started on the dot of 2.00am, and which ran in parallel with the Sky Grabber once it started.

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Just to throw my two penneth into the mix, anyone else lost all program info? I've still got all the program names just no info.

I'll post logs when i'm near the box.

Scrub that. It reappeared last night.

Last edited:

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    ... and tonight it started at 2:59am, exactly 30 mins later than it dis last night. I'd be interested in taking a peek at the scheduling code too. It's a very long time since I did any coding, but I used to be involved with software in the aerospace sector, and I have a bit of a knack for spotting potential bugs like that.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ears have you seen my decompiled and working code? Its on github for everyone to see, just search for my username.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Ah thanks Benoire I do have it - I think I'd maybe just misread your explanation of it - I thought it was an earlier version that DJBlu had rescued from his computer after the crash. I'll take a bit more notice of it then!

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Ok, I've taken a peek at the code, and on the face of it looks OK, although not being a VB programmer I may have missed something.

Now if I'm correct the code that checks if a grab is scheduled is run on a timer expiring, and it looks as if that timer is set for 10,000 milliseconds, i.e. 10 seconds. All well and good, although I'd question if it needs to be run quite that often.

Anyhow, I last ran a manual grab this morning at 9:30'ish, and nothing since. So I set the Update Interval to 1 hour, stopped and started the TV Service, and started watching the TVService.log file expecting to see the grabber starting after 10 seconds, but nothing, so something isn't happening as it should.

I've downloaded the project from github, so what else do I need to get the thing compiled, i.e. what version of VB, any extra Mediaportal stuff? I've got some time on my hands, so have a plan to put in loads of debugging code so I can see what's going on. I'm also assuming I can just compile the plugin itself and just replace the .dll or is that being a bit naive of me?

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Scrap that .. the version I found seems to be a really old one. 1.2.something.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ears the code was from an earlier version but I spent about a month adding in the newer version. The NZ version is better than the final djblu version as it fixes the duplicate channels and auto ticks the channels within a certain lcn range. The UK one 'works' but isn't as good as the current UK one, but it does work and it is a source to work with given how old the code is from the only version djblu could rescue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom