DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (1 Viewer)

zap30

April 18, 2005
Series recording error

Thanks for your hard work I have been using this for about a month and it has been working fine. I do have 1 error though, I set a series recording for Game of Thrones, which has been working perfectly until the new series tonight. The new series is not in the schedule. I went into the guide and tried to set a new series recording, it seemed to set, but is not in the schedule again & not highlighted in red on the guide. Trying to select "Don't Record" does not do anything. I went into TV server configuration and deleted the original schedule, the new one was not there. I then tried again to schedule the recording and it appeared in the tv server configuration, but it is again not listed to record. Recording manually as single recording or any time on channel does work.

I have this on a couple of other programs as well. Any ideas why I can't series link it?

Thanks

CSerpent

April 15, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I posted this to the Custom Data Grabber post but seems this may be a more appropriate place to post...

I've got an ML110 G7 which I've got an S482 installed. The card is seen fine in Windows and when you run TV Server Config (I've use the 1.11 build, but tried 1.09 previously to no avail).

So, go and delete the default scan, setup Sky UK grabber and grab. That brings in all the muxes, channels, EPG etc. and populates the channel list. All seems fine, until you go to view a channel. If you go into TV Server Config, select an unscrambled channel from the list and preview after a slight delay the popup box comes up with Preview Failed: UnknownError

I thought this was related to the card, however I did a separate drive build of Kodibuntu, and the channels all displayed properly, and as I've said above the default MP build/default scan works fine too.

Also to note I've rebuilt it on a separate drive with Server 2012 R2 in case it was Win8.1 related, logs attached. I asked on the main TV Card forum but got told to ask on the DJblu threads instead.

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
Hi

I've upgraded to version 1.11 using the installer on the first page and followed the guide in post 4, however, every time I click 'Grab Now', after only a few seconds I'm given the error 'Error Occured:- UnknownError'. The logs are attached and I've a had a quick look through them, there looks to be an SQL error but I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting it. I can open the DB in MS SQL Management Studio...

Thanks in advance.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Ah OK. Looks like you're using MS SQL: rather than MYSQL. Probably hasn't been tested with that before. Well it has been now ... and it's failed. I have a funny feeling I didn't even put any code in to support MSSQL as I thought that MP support of it had been discontinued. I'd take a look but I'm going into hospital next week and will be out of action for a while.

Anyway if you can just confirm that you are using MSSQL I'll see what I can do.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
This should do the trick. Just open a new query inside SQL Management Studio, paste this then execute. Then try running the EPG update again.

use mptvdb
GO
ALTER TABLE program
ADD seriesId varchar(200)
GO
ALTER TABLE program
ADD seriesTermination TINYINT
GO
ALTER TABLE schedule
GO

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
This should do the trick. Just open a new query inside SQL Management Studio, paste this then execute. Then try running the EPG update again.

use mptvdb
GO
ALTER TABLE program
GO
ALTER TABLE program
ADD seriesTermination TINYINT
GO
ALTER TABLE schedule
GO
So far so good, its scanned the channels etc, just got to update a client now and test!!

Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers

Edit: Tested and working!

Last edited:

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Well, after several months of the plugin not auto-updating according to the schedule, it suddenly decided to start working for some reason best known to itself. I'd set the interval deliberately low, 4 hrs, to try and debug it, and it carried on working on that schedule for months. However, that wasn't very convenient as it would often kick in while watching live TV and cause the odd glitch, so I changed the 4 hrs to 8 hrs to see if that would help, no ther changes, and lo and behold it stopped working again!!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

Pseudomax

Portal Member
January 11, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

I have only been using MP for about 4 months and only version 1.10 since building my HTPC. However it has been working flawlessly (well apart from 1 or 2 small problems that I think were related to using incompatible plugin versions initially).

However, I recently upgraded the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 and I have had no end of issue trying to get the modified release with djblu EPG pre-added to work. It keeps giving me an AllCardsBusy error (which is not the case). When I naively try to read the logs it appears that somehow the tuner is refusing the connection. I have tried everything from removing the installation and doing a fresh install, to downgrading from v1.11 back to v1.10 to using the final version and then trying to add the djblu epg manually. Nothing works! I continually get the 'AllCardsBusy' error. Would really appreciate some help with this!!

Thanks in advance! (logs added ... all as not sure which are relevant)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Make sure you've assigned channels to tuners in TV channels. Do you get the error when watching / tuning TV channels or just when trying to update the EPG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom