DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (2 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have tried that on the computer that is always on, it didn't work either :(

I will give it another go to make sure....

Obviously using that setting is no use for the computer that goes to sleep when not used :(

J.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I can only get it to work with the every x hours option too. I have dual tuners so it will update while watching on the other tuner, although it does cause the odd glitch when doing so even with the throttling option enabled.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

The issue I have is that the computer that sleeps, only has the one tuner. When it is on, it is solely used for watching TV (hence the tuner is never free for grabbing) :(

J.

colm ennis

July 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Total newb here so be gentle!

I have a tbs6892/dvb-s2 tuner and following the instructions set it up for astra 2. this worked perfectly.

I now want to add a tbs5220 dvb-t for use in ireland.

I've tried a few different combinations in the dvb epg screens but i end up with either just the saorview epg or just the sky epg.

Any tips on how i should do this? i don't mind completely reinstalling if necessary!

Colm

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I just use the Saorview EPG for the Irish DVB-T channels and have it set to update every 24hrs. I use the Sky grabber for all the DVB-S channels on Astra 28.2.

Is there a specific problem with using that approach that you're looking to address?

colm ennis

July 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I just use the Saorview EPG for the Irish DVB-T channels and have it set to update every 24hrs. I use the Sky grabber for all the DVB-S channels on Astra 28.2.

Is there a specific problem with using that approach that you're looking to address?

Hi AlunS,

The problem is just my ignorance and inexperience to be honest.

Once the DVB-T card is installed what steps should I be following to get the Saorview EPG setup and coexisting with the Sky EPG?

For instance, what options should I be selecting on the DVB EPG and TV EPG Grabber pages?

Thanks,

Colm

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just select "EPG grabbing while idle", set the Refresh interval to a suitable value in minutes, say 720 for 12 hrs or 1440 for 24 hrs, and in the TV EPG tab select RTE 1 and RTE 2 only and unselect "Store data only for selected channels". These two channels are on different muxes and each carries a complete EPG for all the other channels on the same mux, so this saves scanning unnecessary channels. You could also select "EPG Grabbing when timeshifting" but I prefer not to as my underpowered HTPC has a problem with that. The EPG should eventually just populate itself after a while, otherwise just stop and start the TV Service and it should trigger straight away.

colm ennis

July 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just select "EPG grabbing while idle", set the Refresh interval to a suitable value in minutes, say 720 for 12 hrs or 1440 for 24 hrs, and in the TV EPG tab select RTE 1 and RTE 2 only and unselect "Store data only for selected channels". These two channels are on different muxes and each carries a complete EPG for all the other channels on the same mux, so this saves scanning unnecessary channels. You could also select "EPG Grabbing when timeshifting" but I prefer not to as my underpowered HTPC has a problem with that. The EPG should eventually just populate itself after a while, otherwise just stop and start the TV Service and it should trigger straight away.

following a reboot i got this working pretty much.

i found that rte2 was missing its epg so i hit refresh dvb epg, this blanks all saorview and sky grabber epgs. the saorview one is then refreshed after awhile but not the sky grabber.

how should i be triggering manual updates?

thanks.

Gringo404

Portal Member
    July 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Sorry another Total Newbie here.

Having problems getting the grab and getting a NoSignalDetected message when I click on Grab.

Setup:
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Media Portal 1.11
    Card TBS6982

Have tried various different installation versions (1.6, 1.9 and 1.11) with the same results. What am I missing??

Help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom