DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (2 Viewers)

AndyHandy

Portal Member
January 15, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
I have just downloaded and installed djblu's modified version of mp 1.9 with sky grabber, I notice in the previous version of this thread that there was talk of integrating a freeview epg grabber, has this been done?
I have a dvbsky dvbt2 and dvbs2 card but in the sky epg grabber plug in I only see the sat card to grab epg for I have tried different things to get the carc listed but im rather new to all this and struggling a bit.
Any feedback woukd be welcome.
Regards
Andy

karl10247

Portal Pro
November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hello all, good work for taking over this project I am yet to use it but I can see it has taken a lot of effort to produce
I am currently using xmltv for my freesat epg feed and its so-so
I was wondering whether to take the plunge and try the sky grabber out but before I did I thought I would ask a few questions to clarify

If you don't mind:

1) I spent a lot of time organising my channels into different groups and screening out all the crap. I understand i'll have to wipe these channels to kick off the sky grabber setup but if I backup the channels and groups through the stock MP import/export tool can I reinstate my channel groups afterwards?
2) I see the words "series link" bounced around the place, is this only for sky? what the hell is it?
3) Have any of you that have been using it noticed whether the sky grabber data has season and episode data? XMLTV with either RT or digiguide have this data and I can use it to ensure repeated episodes are not recorded

Thanks in advance!!

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
July 17, 2010
Hi all,

I've been running MP 1.10 since it was released and just upgraded my HTPC with a satalite card, now I find this great looking project and so was wondering if there is a 1.10 compatible version in the works, if not I may look into a clean install of 1.9, but as you know it can take many hours to configure MP as you want it so ideally if I can avoid this and wait a few weeks for an update I'd be happy too

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi!
I just came across this great plugin, but now I'm confused. Will it work for me on Thor 0,8W for UPC Direct and/or RCS Digi providers? especially the EPG grab is what I find very important.

And a n00b question: why is it better then the built in EPG Grabber of TVE?

Thanks!

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
July 17, 2010
Hi all,

I've been running MP 1.10 since it was released and just upgraded my HTPC with a satalite card, now I find this great looking project and so was wondering if there is a 1.10 compatible version in the works, if not I may look into a clean install of 1.9, but as you know it can take many hours to configure MP as you want it so ideally if I can avoid this and wait a few weeks for an update I'd be happy too

Any news on an update for 1.10, maybe an update is in the works for the forthcoming 1.11?

AndyHandy

Portal Member
January 15, 2015
Home Country
Hi, I posted this non the "other" thread for earlier versions and then realised it was appropriate here, sorry if it confused anyone.

Can anyone help me, until about 2 weeks ago my recorded programme names included the episode number and series number, now for some unknown reason they are no longer included, I think that it may be to do with the EPG data no longer including this information or storing it in a different place or formatformat.

Has anyone had the same problem or got any idea?

Also is it possible to actually look at the EPG database to see what is included in it? If so where do I find it

One final thing, I have set my computer to wake up at 3.59 am and have set the EPG grabber to update the EPG at 4.00am but it although the PC wakes up it never does an EPG grab.

Any info on the above gratefully received.

Andy

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I've never had series / episode numbers on my recordings, and that information is certainly not contained in the Sky EPG Data. You can examine it using MySQL Workbench, and although the fields are there in the database they're not filled.

Regarding the wakeup, that's also a mystery to me. It's virtually never worked for me with the current version of the grabber, with the very rare exception when I happen to be recording something around the time I have the Grabber scheduled to do it's thing, and even then it's not consistent. I'm resigned to updating it manually every couple of days for the time being until the developers get back to it.

AndyHandy

Portal Member
January 15, 2015
Home Country
I've never had series / episode numbers on my recordings, and that information is certainly not contained in the Sky EPG Data. You can examine it using MySQL Workbench, and although the fields are there in the database they're not filled.

Regarding the wakeup, that's also a mystery to me. It's virtually never worked for me with the current version of the grabber, with the very rare exception when I happen to be recording something around the time I have the Grabber scheduled to do it's thing, and even then it's not consistent. I'm resigned to updating it manually every couple of days for the time being until the developers get back to it.

Thanks Alun, I must have been mistaken then about having the series and episode numbers until recently.

regarding the update, I'm glad its nit just something i'm doing! presumably when you click on "grab now" its invoking a script or .exe file. if so would it be possible to run this command from something like powershell directly assuming you knew the command name? Its a bit of a hack but would enable it to be launched automatically which would be handy

On that basis does anyone know the command name I would have to invoke??

Thanks

Andy

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

There is no seperate EXE or script, it is a function within the main software and not accessible externally.

If I can locate the latest source, I will look into getting it working with the latest MePo software.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom