DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (1 Viewer)

Trciky1024

Portal Member
December 12, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ok so home from work today and around 50% of channels are unchecked with no group. I have cleared the channels from both TV and Radio and re-scanned.
Does anyone have any suggestions to why this happens?[DOUBLEPOST=1458152093][/DOUBLEPOST]just a thought, I have a schedule that stops the TV service each night, copies new files over to all clients machines i.e. icons etc and then restarts. could it be possible that the grabber is updating when the service is restarted? if so does the grabber honour already disabled channels? if so can the channel list be cleared and updated from the command line? then I could add this into the script. or is there a process that runs when this is running that I could check for and if running wait?

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This is what I am seeing. Possible BUG using 1.13

If you have any of the DVB-S chanels mapped with 'TV Combinations' they are moved from the 'Channels' list as normal by the SetupTv.

Now when the SkyUKGrabber checks for channels it doesn't find these mapped with 'TV Combinations' channels and as such creates new identical channels.
    As they are new channels they are by default set flagged as not to collect EPG info and the result is new duplicate channels in your guide without EPG data.

I have all matching DVB-S channels mapped with 'TV Combinations' to the DVB-T channels so they are the ones removed from 'Channels' and are hence re-created by SkyUKGrabber. Also updating or deleting these mapped channels will also fail with the existing code.

SkyUKGrabber needs to check in the 'TV Combinations' for existing DVB-S channels mapped there so this BUG can be corrected.

The above is also true for the Radio channels.

I didn't know the best thread to post this or who is now updating (if at all ) the code but thankyou for those that have already helped with this excellent plugin.

Last edited:

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    doesn't look like anyone is actually continuing to develop or bug fix this great tool.
    I am now at an end point, every day now I have 20% channels missing from the word go.! they are listed but with no Channel group or active check in the box.
    I am not using combinations are purely getting channels from DVB-S2 card. its so bad I am even having channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 missing. only option is to clear and start again.

Any ideas?

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    doesn't look like anyone is actually continuing to develop or bug fix this great tool.
    I am now at an end point, every day now I have 20% channels missing from the word go.! they are listed but with no Channel group or active check in the box.
    I am not using combinations are purely getting channels from DVB-S2 card. its so bad I am even having channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 missing. only option is to clear and start again.

Any ideas?

Can't you just revert back to 1.12?

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I had something similar, which was why, sadly, I had to move away from MP.

For reasons I couldn't get to the bottom of, MP always had corruptions when writing streams to file. This wasn't such an issue for just watching TV, the odd flicker, whatever, but the grabber reads from similar stream files.

And occasional discontinuities in there resulted in the same problems you're having. Random deletion and re-creation of channels, corruption of EPG, missing EPG, etc etc.

I tried everything I could think of to fix it, throttler, writing to RAM disks, different disks, just couldn't stop the errors. They were much worse when more than one recording was underway, so i suspect it was something to do with disk speeds, bottlenecks.

I went back to DVBViewer, and no discontinuities whatsoever.

I'm not saying which is right, which is wrong, just that sadly, MP didn't work for me.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    That's odd. My HTPC (combined client/server) is a rather underpowered AMD E-350 mini-ITX based machine with a pretty slow 5400rpm Samsung 'Green' HDD. I can record 3 or 4 streams (DVB-S2 or DVB-T) at once and watch a 1080p movie all at the same time without a hiccup. It took a bit of tweaking, mind you, such as disabling the built-in wifi card (horrible DPC latency issues), increasing the available video memory for the built-in AMD graphics, and tweaking the driver so that it enabled H/W acceleration for DXVA. It's also very slightly overclocked, mainly using the max settings for the memory modules I have.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ears
    I agree with AlunS. I suspect it's more likely you have/had driver issues (eg. network or USB controller driver with high DPC latency) or other software (eg. security - anti-virus etc.) causing high disk access latency.

Trciky1024

Portal Member
    December 12, 2012
    Home Country
    OK so I downgraded to 1.11 thinking all would be ok as I didn't have issues here. woke up the next morning and missing channels.!
    So I have now run a repair on the TV database as finger crossed all ok since, i will keep all posted.

mattpwill

Portal Member
    July 17, 2015
    Home Country
    Could ears or anyone who knows how release an updated MediaPortal 1.14 compatible with the Sky EPG plugin please?

Hugely appreciated as always

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom