DJBlu's Custom Sky Data Grabber for MP1.9 onwards (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Really wish there was a new version of this out and someone working on it for the new MP, I would be happy to donate to its development. I have an issue whereas every other week random channels from my "favourites" group disappear and I have to restore from the backup which I take daily. After this they are then fine. No idea why it happens, its done it for a while now even with a fresh MP install. @Adam86 my brother knows more about this than me and I think has the logs from the last time it happened. Such a shame as we spend a lot of money on hardware and tuners yet then are stunted by the software which in itself MP is amazing and the only option out there really.

I do hope that something can be worked out.

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
October 18, 2012
Home Country
I have an issue whereas every other week random channels from my "favourites" group disappear and I have to restore from the backup which I take daily. After this they are then fine. No idea why it happens, its done it for a while now even with a fresh MP install.

Sounds like you have 'Use Sky Regions' ticked in the plugin options. Untick it and the channels should remain permanently...

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
I have an issue whereas every other week random channels from my "favourites" group disappear and I have to restore from the backup which I take daily. After this they are then fine. No idea why it happens, its done it for a while now even with a fresh MP install.

Sounds like you have 'Use Sky Regions' ticked in the plugin options. Untick it and the channels should remain permanently...

This didn't use to happen though so not sure why it's started. It's not all channels just some random ones. If I untick use sky regions then will it not number and group them properly? When they go out of favourites recordings on those channels still go ahead. I just can't watch them live.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
This is the last recovered version I have of the Plugin for Sky UK. It is in vb.net but can easily be translated to c#

Attachments

• Sky UK EPG and Channel Grabber plugin source.zip
    2.1 MB

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
@MonkeyJug I untucked that option and next day channels still went missing. :(

If you followed my guide correctly, it should keep the channels...

@MonkeyJug I just unticked the option in the plugin but it still happened? What guide is there?

@Adam86 do you know?
--- Post updated ---
I've added a build based on MP 1.15 to the 1st post in the original thread, see my post in that thread here.

@Brownard thank you so much for spending the time doing this - this is much appreciated.

Given that this is the new post can you update this into the first post on here?

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
October 18, 2012
Home Country
There's a link to an installation guide in the first post.

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Hi @mm1352000 & @Benoire

I've have finally decided to put my money where my mouth is, so-to-speak and get my hands dirty having only given some help with debugging in the past. So I have updated my dev environment to VS2015 Community and have the latest MP1 & MP2 source from GitHub. I would really like to see some of the DJBlu Sky grabber functionality "baked in" to MP2, such as the enhanced EPG from Sky as well as the ability to have "true" series link, much like what @mm1352000 talked about here:

...series link recording - I have the series link ID, but haven't had time to add the series link option to the scheduler and screens yet...

If either of you could share any code you have worked on and let me know what I could do to help out or have any suggestions on how we might collaborate on this then that would be great.

Thanks...

Are there any advancements on this? If not I'm happy to contribute. Been a user of MP for years and have been running .11 for a while. Decided to upgrade to .15 just this morning and came across this post. If no advancements have been made I'll start a GitHub C# equivalent of DJBlu's VB.NET stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom