Do we really need Packed Textures? (1 Viewer)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nice!

Much smoother here also (tested on XP and Vista).

Not sure what Im doing though... :D

/tompa

edit: volume level bar in Blue3 is also "deformed".

pslwww

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just installed this download and I can report a great benefit. Before when starting MP from cold I would have to wait for over 60 seconds for the video and audio to stabilize. Since installing this file I have no problems from cold, I have not noticed any delay in starting just a smooth running MP. Even the wife has commented, what can I say. Many Thanks.

G

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    Nice work man and thanks for sharing :)
    Installed this on 2 of my clients and I must say that i notice a improvement straight away.
    Thank you.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    There are few issues that should be checked:

• Skinners should pay atenttion to texture sizes -> no other than power ot two dimensions should be used
    • Skinners should pay atenttion to texture sizes -> trim all unused space around the actual texture (if any)
    • MP code should be checked that it always creates optimal packed texture files

With these we would have actually less GPU memory usage (as on HW there will be stride applied to each texture pixel line).

unitygain

Portal Member
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow , I have to say Thanks x 1,00,000. My GFX card burnt out a few weeks ago and have had to use the built in intel on my mobo. Since then using mediaportal was a headach with the menu system moving a few seconds after i pressed the remote, tried this about 30 mins ago and everything is running great , I would even say better than it did when i had my gfx card with 256mb onboard, just udated moving pictures and the medialooks quicktime directshow filter for mediaportal users, (i had the crappy one with the watermark and it seemed to freeze and crash mp at times) Everything is great now gonna be a few months before i can afford a new gfx card cause i'm out of work so who would've though that a 45Kb download would sort everything out.
    So thanks again Swede you are top in my books at the minute and probably for a long time to come , Cheers Dude you rock!!!!!

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Nice work!

What happens to the volumebar?
    In Blue3wide it seems out of order - turning volume is working, but not showing how much.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems like the volumebar is broken with this fix. We will have to use our ears. :p

Soon this fix will be obsolete anyway. The developers are allready on it and in the next SVN there will be an option whether to use cache or not.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    New version with volumebar (atleast for original skin)

rtv, The volume textures are needed in the packed texture.

Attachments

• Packedvolume.zip
      30.6 KB

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems like the volumebar is broken with this fix. We will have to use our ears. :p

Soon this fix will be obsolete anyway. The developers are allready on it and in the next SVN there will be an option whether to use cache or not.

Is there an option in svn21864 for this? ...cant find it...

/tompa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom