Do we really need Packed Textures? (2 Viewers)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The code change is included. You have to enable the behaviour manually though:

Add the following setting to your MediaPortal.xml debug section:
    <section name="debug">
    <entry name="packSkinGfx">no</entry>
    </section>

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Been following this discussion, so thought I would give your patch a go, all I can say is that MP loads in 1\3rd of the time it used to take, so a woow from me, would need to use for a few days to see if any noticeable side effects, but from first use a thumbs up :)

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    Any one point me to where this folder is.
    I can't find it, have searched my whole machine and nada.
    Its XP running MP 1.0

NEver mind...doh I got it

AntP

November 6, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Swede this is absolutely brilliant. I am using an old laptop which only has 64MB of video ram as a second MP machine. TV has been sluggish, almost unwatchable, skipping every few seconds and going through the menu on the home screen was delayed badly.

Just installed this patch & WOW, what can i say. TV seems to work perfectly (will have to let run for a while but seems to be an immediate improvemet) & menu navigation is as good as my main MP pc (Quad Core with 512MB GPU)

YOU ROCK, Thanks for your hard work, you have saved me purchasing a new pc for the bedroom and brought new life to an old laptop

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    Just wanted to thank you. I was having problems with the TV Gui it was so slow, got about 5 FPS but in alla other menus I got around 70 FPS. But this fixed the problem :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New version with volumebar (atleast for original skin)

@rtv, The volume textures are needed in the packed texture.

fyi: The volume textures are included now even if you switch off the texture cache. Therefore no files are needed anymore if you use the latest SVN build.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I noticed that! Thats great! Thanks!

Next step might be a checkbox in the setup, and an explanation. A lot of people needs this without knowing it.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The code change is included. You have to enable the behaviour manually though:

Add the following setting to your MediaPortal.xml debug section:
    <section name="debug">
    <entry name="packSkinGfx">no</entry>
    </section>

I take it this can be done in MP 1.0.1 too? If so, what/where is ths "MediaPortal.xml debug section"? I've got no idea :oops:

I need to use this fix because I have a 128MB GPU and unfortunately the BleazleWide skin is becoming graphics heavy due to the features I want to incrporate. I've noticed that since changing to 1.0.1 the GPU is really struggling :(:mad: The problem (for me anyway) is that if I use this fix I don't get any reflected images (eg CD covers etc) showing which is a deal breaker for me. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Cheers

Bleazle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom