Does the EPG work in the UK? (1 Viewer)

leemarkadams

Portal Member
January 2, 2006
Hello there,

I am hoping to build my own media centre pc soon and hope to use media portal, as eems a lot more flexible than XP MCE.

The questions I have are: can I use an EPG with it in the UK, do I have to pay for them, and what is the best one?
Thanks

Lee

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
EPG is built in to MP, I use it extensivley for my UK freeview channels. So it's already there and as always free to use. :lol:

kinchyuk

Portal Member
January 13, 2006
Kent, UK
leemarkadams said:
Thanks for that, have sent you a PM...

Lee

Get a DVB-T TV card (aka the ones that can pick up Freeview), and make sure MP is set to pick up the EPG from the DVB card. You won't see much when you first fire it up in MP, but give it half an hour or so and you should have a working EPG (although mine is missing a couple of channels at the mo!)

Alex

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi All

or even better get the latest CVS and run Settings from within MP prog and go through the installation or directly to tv/epg and it will automatically generate a channel log. restart MP and it should automatically run epg update usually from RT website giving you 14 days info :D

daveyboy

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    Reading, England
    I always had problems with the EPG from the DVB stream, so I ditched that option and now use WebEPG. Works a treat and gets good info from both RadioTimes and bleb.org.

I did have an issue a while back having used the EPG for about 6 months - MP was running really slowly, especially when flicking between the TV guide and Scheduled parts. So i clicked the "Remove all programs from TV database" button in the config program and reloaded the tv guide. Suddenly it was much faster!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Yep agree with Daveyboy unfortunately cvs updates AND new channels/Name changes can screw up the TV Guide.
    Only WAY around i use is if there's something I want to save convert to DIVX/XVID and save to a folder that will show up in my videos, and delete previous Database.
    In the future it may be possible to do all this INHOUSE

Watch This Space

:wink:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Yes, WEBEPG is independant of any TC card, al you need is internet access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom