Does the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 work with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The definition is already in the xml file by default! So the card is showing in the MP configuration, but only the DVB-T tuners (so it seems).

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Normally MP needs for each tuner and type a definition. So for the HVR-2200 there are 4 definitions needed. At the moment there is only a definition for a digital tuner in MP.

MisterD

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi all
    You should send a card to misterd so he easier can integrate whats needed to get it to work ;)

Regards
    Roy

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually I think there are two tuners. Because the single entry in the xml file makes two tuners show up in the MP configuration. Only the digital tuners are showing. I'm not sure how to make an entry for the analog tuners.

I tried to make a donation so I can help you buy a card yourself. But I don't have paypal. Is there a other way to donate?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tried to make a definition for the analog tuners by myself with the informations that I have from Bram.
    In my opinion the graph should look like this:

Code:
      <capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-2200 Analogue" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7164&amp;subsys_89000070&amp;rev_81">
        <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
        <tv>
          <interface cat="encoder" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
          <filters>
            <filter cat="tvtuner" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="tvaudio" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="crossbar" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="capture" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="encoder" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 MPEG2 PS Encoder/Mux" checkdevice="true"></filter>
          </filters>
          <connections>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="encoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="encoder" sinkpin="1"></connection>
          </connections>
        </tv>
      </capturecard>

The main problem is the encoder. I hope that I have used the right one. When this is confirmed to be working I will be try to modify TvServer.

MisterD

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Both Analog and Digital?

Does this mean both Analog AND Digital tuners work now? Can both digital and analog tuners be installed and it is possible to select in TVE3 which pair of tuners that should be used? And all that is needed is to copy and paste MisterD's definition into the definitions file?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This definition is only for the in MP integrated TV-Engine. The TV-Server still need to be modified to get the analog tuners working.
    BTW: The TV-Server decides automatically which tuner will be used based on the priorities of each tuner.

MisterD

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try TVServer SVN19261 or later for HVR-2200 analog

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom