Donation for technotrend premium/nexus/ss1 support? (1 Viewer)

Nicodemuz

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
lugiber said:
Do you have any idea on how meedio and showshifter got around this.

Well, Meedio doesn't support any DVB card yet.
Showshifter I have never looked at.
dvbcore (Mytheatre) and ProgDVB I beleive both base the implementations on reverse engineered knowledge of the SS1 drivers.

Maybe Technotrend doesn't track license breakers down?

And the license says that you aren't allowed to make a software that supports any other DVB cards. Maybe a DLL could be seen as that software and the calling application could be allowed to call as many similar DLL files for other cards too?

As long as MP gets support I am happy :)

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
I am putting my hopes in the wdm drivers. In the last beta driver version all that was missing was the tuner and crossbar part. At this point i can watch tv with my nexus card and graphedit, i just can't change channels. If technotrend manages to get that working hopefully adding support for the cards is a breeze.
I don't know which kind of tuner there is on the cards but perhaps someone with enough knowledge could substitute the current tuner/crossbar filters with a bda equivalent so that support for these cards could be implemented. (Without support for the ci of course).

/Peter

Nicodemuz

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
I have received positive answer from Altxro (maker of Alt-DVB) and he would gladly share the SS1 interface DLL and it's interface specification if we can wait a couple of weeks.

The good thing with that is his driver allows for software CA modules together with original drivers, which would be good for me. Then I wouldn't need the twin subscription card that costs 11 Euro extra per month but instead share the main subscription card between my two units.

But I will be really happy for any way forward that gives as support for Nexus in MP :)
Soft CA support isn't that important.

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
teampirkko said:
So will Common interface support be working someday with nexus and MP?

What we need now is someone to program the interface between Altroxs driver and media portal. But as far as i have understood common interface is supported by Alt-DVB. So it will be supported if someone implements his driver into media portal. What is almost equally nice is that you can have multiple cards sharing one subscription!
From looking at his program it only seems to support dvb-s. So for owners of dvb-t and dvb-c cards someone probably has to implement support for those cards as well in order to support the whole premium/nexus series.
In any case this is a great start!

/Peter

Nicodemuz

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
I really don't know.
The difference between DVB-c and DVB-s should be small.
The tuner differ but the bitstream doesn't so only choosing channel should be different.
But Altxro driver interface assumes that hidden functionality in the driver DLL:s resides at a certain position which probably have changed to the DVB-c variant.

Long time? Well, someone first got to look at it...
Until done I will continue run Linux and Freevo.

teampirkko

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
Finland
I bougth FireDTV-C! I will get it in this week and I hope everything will work great! :lol: :lol:

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Re: any update on nexus-s?

smokeman said:
so is it time to sell this and buy a budget?

I guess it depends on how long you are ready to wait. Hopefully nexus support will be added soon, but it will probably take a long time before we se it (if it will happen at all). As you know most of the dvb development on the tv side is aimed at tv cards with bda drivers. When that work is done, hopefully we will see some support for the nexus/tt series.
If you can't wait try mythtv, although it is a real pain in the a** to set up.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom