Donation for technotrend premium/nexus/ss1 support? (1 Viewer)

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
thk said:
Is anybody working on the support of the Nexus-s? And how far are they? :lol:

As far as i know i have read on the forum about two users who said that they would give writing a plugin a go. I have no idea how far they have come and if they are still working/have started on any plugin.
What is needed for the card to work is a tuner plugin for media portal so you can change channels.
For the card to work today you have to use an external program to change channels (a sample program to do this is included with the sdk) and add a graph for the card to mediaportal.
That way you could record shows you are currently watching and watch tv etc with your nexus card.

I haven't tried recording from within media portal but i have done it from within graphedit. And if it works from within graphedit it should work from within media portal, at least as far as i have understood from reading this forum. But i might be wrong.

If someone is interested in the graph i have tried send me a pm or reply to this thread.

/Peter

T

thk

Is there a "how to" guide? I'm new at this so a little help would be nice. :oops:

Thanks
Thomas

A

Anonymous

Hi,
actually I'm using a modified version of tvdatabases.dll to program TV record, it appends a task to windows task scheduler that launches the hauppauge nexus application in recording mode at the given date. Since I had to modify a part of MP sources it is a very very bad method, does anyone find a better way for this ?
For example, does the directshow graph permits that ?
Thanks

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
jgranie said:
Hi,
actually I'm using a modified version of tvdatabases.dll to program TV record, it appends a task to windows task scheduler that launches the hauppauge nexus application in recording mode at the given date. Since I had to modify a part of MP sources it is a very very bad method, does anyone find a better way for this ?
For example, does the directshow graph permits that ?
Thanks

The directshow graph can't do this, atleast not as effective as your program. Since the graph doesn't allow you to switch channels with media portal you would personally have to change channels if you had scheduled recordings on two different channels.
If you have an external tuner and the wdm drivers installed you can allready watch tv from within media portal. Just add your nexus card as a default sw card. But all your recordings will be recompressed as media portal thinks the card is an analog card.

/Peter

smokeman

Portal Member
December 1, 2004
update

I got the sdk, however I am in the middle of preparing to build a house,
so my life isn't permitting me to work on this. If anyone wishes to work on it,
I'd be glad to point you in the direction of the sdk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom