Don't find channels with SkyStar 2 (1 Viewer)

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: SVN
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal SVN Revision:14525
MediaPortal Skin: ReVision 1.0.8
Windows Version: Win XP 64 Pro SP 2
CPU Type: Athlon64 X2 4000+ (65n)
HDD: Samsung HD501lj
Memory: 1024 HDT
Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
Motherboard Chipset: AMD 690G
Motherboard Bios: 0603
Video Card: ATI XPRESS 1250 (onboard)
Video Card Driver: 7.3
Sound Card: Realtek ALC883 (onboard)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: SkyStar 2 PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 4.4.1 Beta
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
Cooling: Artic Cooling Freezer 64Pro
Power Supply: Seasonic S12-330HB
Remote: X10
TV: Panasonic TH42PV71F
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hey,

I can't manage my SkyStar 2 to find channels with TV Server 3. To make sure, i did no mistake, I followed the video-tutorial and at the point "fast forward" it goes very quick and no channels were found.
It's a little bit surprising, because with TV Server 2 there's no problem and i can find all channels.
As a part of troubleshooting I tried several different SVN (the newest, the oldest available and some in the middle) but all have the same problem: no channels were found.

Any ideas?

Sicox

Portal Member
May 19, 2005
New Zealand
Hi Kiesow.
I have exactly the same problem. Have just purchased a Skystar 2 and thought it may have been the card. Obviously not...

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there, as a way of finding out where the problem lies, are either of you able to view channels with the supplied software? m

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there, as a way of finding out where the problem lies, are either of you able to view channels with the supplied software? m

There are no problems with the supplied software and there are also no problems with MediaPortal running TV Engine 2. So I guess drivers are ok, hardware is ok, only TV Server 3 is making trouble :(

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have no probles using SVN version of 14469 from 1/5/07 with no issues. You could try that one, i did it with a fresh install of the SQL software and i cleared out the folder that contained SQL to ensure no old bits of database were used. This might work for you too.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am also using the Skystar2. last autotune is ~2weeks back and worked nicely.
    will check again this evening (or tomorrow) depends on sparetime ;)

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, is there maybe a possibility to import a channel list another person scanned? Or import a channel list scanned with the built-in tv-engine?
    Cause my SkyStar 2 still don't find any channels with TV Server - I tried the last five SVNs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom