Download 3DMP Beta2 preview release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Portal Pro
May 31, 2006
fathead said:
fathead said:
1) The mouse scroll speed is still way to sensitive. Its impossible to use this skin with a mouse, and the menu options scroll through far to fast.

2) The Plugins area still needs work. I noticed that sometime the options weren't highlighted properly. The MSN messenger icon is to big. Some items don't have the glass overlay selection around them. The yahoo music videos plugin is still missing.

Any news on these issues?

1) It's a source code problem, because the menulist control in big mode are too sensitive.

2) Already fixed.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Vanessa, again amazing work you are doing for this community. Also liking the little updates :)

Just one question; Are the hover images on the home screen the final ones or are they going to be changed? I think it looks to much "MCE Vista-like" now...Maybe you should consider making some nice icons instead, should not be a problem with your gfx knowledge.... :)

Thx!!

Vanessa

Portal Pro
May 31, 2006
THDBASED said:
Vanessa, again amazing work you are doing for this community. Also liking the little updates :)

Just one question; Are the hover images on the home screen the final ones or are they going to be changed? I think it looks to much "MCE Vista-like" now...Maybe you should consider making some nice icons instead, should not be a problem with your gfx knowledge.... :)

Thx!!

Thank's for reply. I have created today some gfx for our buttons. (now only a 128x128px icon) ....Look new screenshots.

regards.

byyke9.jpg

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Vanessa said:
    THDBASED said:

Thx!!

Thank's for reply. I have created today some gfx for our buttons. (now only a 128x128px icon) ....Look new screenshots.

regards.

Very nice, looks great!

pirlone

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    pirlone said:
    SweMart said:
    I think I have found a little bug, if I try to record a show while it's running I don't get the option to do that(i.e. pressing record on my remote only produces a click and no graphics popup).

exactly the same prob here :-(

we desperatly need a new 'trick' here ;-)

rgs,
    pirlone

Vanessa: is there an easy fix for the problem above, or we have to wait until the next full release?

I guess you're spoiled us with those quick fixes ;-)

rgs,
    pirlone

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    pirlone said:
    pirlone said:
    SweMart said:
    I think I have found a little bug, if I try to record a show while it's running I don't get the option to do that(i.e. pressing record on my remote only produces a click and no graphics popup).

exactly the same prob here :-(

we desperatly need a new 'trick' here ;-)

rgs,
    pirlone

Vanessa: is there an easy fix for the problem above, or we have to wait until the next full release?

I guess you're spoiled us with those quick fixes ;-)

rgs,
    pirlone

Update for this REC Bug and some XML Dialog problems.

Xml-Dialogs.Zip by Bigupload.Com 7KB

RubaDuck7

Portal Member
    June 19, 2006
    Finland
    Just got back from vacation, only to find the Beta2 waiting! :)

Really excellent work, Vanessa! This is a good base to build on.

Some initial impressions:
    (I'm aware that since this is a beta, everything is in progress, so I'm probably asking about some stuff you may not be working on yet)

I like the shiny look of the skin, but I was surprised to see that you picked a less exciting, matte look for all the buttons? Why not use a dark glass button look instead, like the frame around the selected item on the home screen?

I really like your TV Mini-EPG. The transparency fade looks great.

But compared to it, the current TV show overlay looks flat (if it wasn't for the Mini-EPG, it would also look great). Why not use the same style as the Mini-EPG, with a faded, transparent overlay?
    Also, not too excited about the free-floating buttons.

I like your recent update to the Now Playing screen. Access to the Playlist is appreciated, and bigger album art is a plus. But will the song title etc fit on the right?
    Also, how about using a CD jewel case background for the album art, like mofux did in the Nonafo skin?

What if the progress bar had a more fitting, glassy look (you know, kind of like the Aqua scrollbars in Mac OS X)? What do you think? Is it technically possible?

How come you use an arrow to indicate the button with focus instead of the more common way of having the button change appearance?

You're hard work is *much* appreciated. Keep it up. :)

PS. On some screens I have had problem moving the focus to the preview window, to jump back to what's playing. Is this a skin issue, or is it related to MP in general?

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    Really excellent work, Vanessa! This is a good base to build on.

Thank's

I like the shiny look of the skin, but I was surprised to see that you picked a less exciting, matte look for all the buttons? Why not use a dark glass button look instead, like the frame around the selected item on the home screen?

Because it's more readable and i need in overlay, mini-epg, etc needs uniform gfx. and no gfx for a button and other gfx for other button. no.

If i put a glass button in mini-pge does not look ok.

I will think in a glass buttons for the future versions.

I really like your TV Mini-EPG. The transparency fade looks great.

But compared to it, the current TV show overlay looks flat (if it wasn't for the Mini-EPG, it would also look great). Why not use the same style as the Mini-EPG, with a faded, transparent overlay?
    Also, not too excited about the free-floating buttons.

I will try.

I like your recent update to the Now Playing screen. Access to the Playlist is appreciated, and bigger album art is a plus. But will the song title etc fit on the right?
    Also, how about using a CD jewel case background for the album art, like mofux did in the Nonafo skin?

Out of style!

What if the progress bar had a more fitting, glassy look (you know, kind of like the Aqua scrollbars in Mac OS X)? What do you think? Is it technically possible?

Yes, it's possible, but some people enjoy the current progress because your contrast and visibility.

regards

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom