DOWNLOAD: Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.6.6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Results thus far

Took about 18ish minutes to get 250ish movies in off a fresh database....

40ish didn't get verified on their own

30ish Because of the whole /movie-name/cd1 /moviename/cd2 business that I have...
10ish Because the names are off just a bit from true IMBD names... not a big deal though, because normally its first choice was good
Only a few I had to manually search for (all of which were my fault)

overall very impressed with this release, will report back after some usage...

Thank you for yalls hard work.

Also noticed that any movie that was in the /cd1/movie.avi format got auto approved as CDN if I didn't catch it before the auto approve did.... so had a handful of those show up in my movie listings...

Just a heads up... I know this was armands list of things to look at... Just wanted to give a heads up.

:D

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I cleared the DB and scanned again out of right around 700 movies it didnt find around 200
    and I already had them all named right so I just closed it and then reopened it and it found em
    all fine, dont know whats up with that but its fine now.

Also noticed it found a hell of alot more covers than before but I dont like how alot of the defult
    covers are not the english version had to go through and change alot and with 700 movies that
    takes awhile.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    have one issue so far...

when cycling movie thumbs in info view, the thumb changes there, but when returning to icon or filmstrip views, the thumb didn't change to the new selected one. When you return to the info view, the new selected thumb is again displayed, but still not in other views.

I even exited MotionPictures, and upon returning,the thumbs still had not changed.

Chuck

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What about Themoviedb.org support? It in the issue tracker, issue 169, it says that it is finished for 0.6, but you didn't mention it. Also, from your post it doesn't seem like themoviedb.org is the main provider, if it is even there. Just the mention of backdops being pulled from there.

Other than that, great to see this release. Think I'm feeling a little sick, I realy don't know if I can go to work now... :p
    I hope that pulling backdrops from themoviedb.org and the improved cover download will find covers to almost all my films. I think that right now it is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the movies that is missing either Cover, backdrop or both.

Looking forward to testing it out.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It seems there is a minor problem!

I'm Running RC3, and now upgraded to Moving Pictures 0.6.0
    When watching a Movie, there is no available menu in the top and bottom (Ex. Movie info, start, stop etc) ?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there anyway to cycle Fanart/backdrop inside Mediaportal?
    You can only cycle coverart at this moment.

It seems there is a minor problem!

I'm Running RC3, and now upgraded to Moving Pictures 0.6.0
    When watching a Movie, there is no available menu in the top and bottom (Ex. Movie info, start, stop etc) ?
    I think this is a MediaPortal issue as I also experience this in eg TV-Series.

What about Themoviedb.org support? It in the issue tracker, issue 169, it says that it is finished for 0.6, but you didn't mention it. Also, from your post it doesn't seem like themoviedb.org is the main provider, if it is even there. Just the mention of backdops being pulled from there.

Other than that, great to see this release. Think I'm feeling a little sick, I realy don't know if I can go to work now... :p
    I hope that pulling backdrops from themoviedb.org and the improved cover download will find covers to almost all my films. I think that right now it is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the movies that is missing either Cover, backdrop or both.

Looking forward to testing it out.
    fforde said:
    Backdrops are now pulled from themoviedb.org, a community driven movie meta-data website.
    It's right there, in the first post..

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great work!

Two things I have noticed so far.

Moving pictures does not "remember" the last view (and hide/show watched movies) you used if you restart MP.
    It did this in 0.5.5c.
    It do "remembers" after standby so this is OK.
    The problem is that I need to restart MP every now and then to "clear" things up and it was nice to get back to Moving pictures as you left off.

Also when I cycle coverart it does not gets updated in filmstrip view (and others?) until I restart MP.
    Maybe this is a skin issue?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can replicate the issue with Filmstrip and not showing the cycled coverart.
    Also, when in filmstrip (movie x selected) and switching to listview, movie y is selected (the one selected before switching to Filmstrip) but the cover and details are shown for movie x.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Really good, thanks for all the hard work!
    Scan worked even faster and alot was found!

My issues:

- Changed coverart does not get updated in filmstrip view.
    - Using the numerical pad (to go fro 'A' to 'K' for example) does not work (it did in 0.5.5c.)
    - When (whilst playing a movie) exiting the Moving Pictures menu and the reentering the movie fullscreen some of the OSD (cover and text) is missing.

Whishlist:
    - Would love to be able to change fanart.
    - Gernre selection is a high priority for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom