DOWNLOAD: Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.6.6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Current Release: 0.6.6
Public Beta

This release focuses on some usability features in the GUI such as watched flag tracking, resume playback support, and basic search/filtering. We have also focused a lot of effort on additional data sources which provide movie information in German, French and Dutch. In addition, the data provider system is now scriptable meaning that members of the community can more easily contribute and problems with scripts can be corrected more quickly. Backdrops are now pulled from themoviedb.org, a community driven movie meta-data website. If you enjoy all the artwork Moving Pictures is automatically pulling down for you, please consider heading over to themoviedb.org to say thanks or maybe even submit new artwork for movies still missing backdrops.

Download
Project Page
Skin Designer's Guide
Developer's Guide

Contributors
As with previous releases, Moving Pictures 0.6 is has been a collaboration between armandp and myself. I hate sounding like a broken record and I don't want to cut and paste from my previous release notes, but without Armand this release would have taken even longer (if you can believe that!) Additional contributions to development were made by vinteo. It is always great to get new developers to help out no matter how big or small the contribution. To all you would be coders out there, even if you are just begining with C#, consider checking out our issue tracker, there are bugs and enhancements listed in there both large and small. You have to start somewhere and we would be very glad to have the help.

Also a big thanks to our testing team mattsk88, Paranoid Delusion, Darre, and Emphatic, plus all the unofficial testers that have tried their hand at intermediate builds along the way between 0.5.5 and 0.6. All of your feedback helped a lot and the release is better for it.

And finally thanks to Psycho Reptile for allowing me to use screenshots from his fantastic Monochrome skin for this release thread. If you are interested in trying out his skin, you can download the latest release here, and get the latest Moving Pictures skin files here.

Major Changes
Watched Flag & Resume Playback Support
The plug-in will now track the movies that you have already watched and allow you to filter based on this flag. You can also now resume playback if you stop a movie half way through; when you restart a film it will simply ask you if you'd like to resume or start the movie over. The percentage require for a movie to be flagged as watched or saved for resuming later is also configurable via the Advanced Settings Screen.

German French and Dutch Data Sources
Moving Pictures will now optionally pull movie details from OFDb (German), MovieMeter (Dutch) and Allocine (French) in addition to IMDb. The plug-in also now supports a scriptable scraping system so in the future additional data source can be contributed to by the community. A guide for the scraping engine will be released within the next few days.

Enhanced Cover-Art Support
Support for cover-art retrieval has been dramatically improved. To begin with, the existing impawards.com scraper has been enhanced to return a far greater number of results. A new data source has also been added to pull covers from posters.motechnet.com. In addition to this, covers will be imported from MyVideos if available and if for some reason you choose to rebuild your database, covers and backdrops from previous installations of Moving Pictures will be pulled in if they are still in your thumbs folder, without the need to connect to the internet.

Remote Control Movie Filtering
You can now use the number pad on the remote control to input a partial movie title via "cell phone style" input to filter the movies listed in Moving Pictures. If for example you type 786 (which could stand for SUN, STO, and others), the movie list would be filtered to Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Little Miss Sunshine, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot (!), etc.

Other Changes
You can now manually add a movie to the database even if no results are found by any of the data sources. You click the manual add button and you hop over to the Movie Manager to fill in the details. Simple as that. You can now also unignore movies that have previously been ignored from the Movie Manager or the Importer. There have been numerous bug fixes and other minor enhancements as well, for a complete list please visit the issue tracker.

Bug Reports
If you have a bug report, please read this thread on how we track bugs, and then head on over to the Issue Tracker.

Attachments

• Moving Pictures - List.jpg
    Moving Pictures - List.jpg
    241.8 KB
  • Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg
    Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg
    345.4 KB
  • Moving Pictures - Large Thumbs.jpg
    Moving Pictures - Large Thumbs.jpg
    282.4 KB
  • Moving Pictures - Filmstrip.jpg
    Moving Pictures - Filmstrip.jpg
    289.4 KB
  • Moving Pictures - Details.jpg
    Moving Pictures - Details.jpg
    255.8 KB

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Awesome. My sitting and refreshing has worked. Thats right. I made this get released. What?:p

Im assuming that loading window plugins will take longer as it sorts out the db? Taken about 2 mins so far

Have loaded the plugin in MP now, I suppose its good it didnt crash...:p

First Question: If a movie is already in the db, how can we edit it??

>>I made it work... Just changed its details, pulled down new info, it turned up in the importer, then I manually change the title

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
By the way, the first time you load up Moving Pictures with the new DLL, it takes a few moments to upgrade the database. After the first load it should load very quickly, just be patient the first time.

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
Thanks very much, I have one quick question. Which skin are you using so that you can change view between List, Icon, Film Strip. I'm using Titanium and it allows me to view in List View mode only

Thanks

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Results thus far

Took about 18ish minutes to get 250ish movies in off a fresh database....

40ish didn't get verified on their own

30ish Because of the whole /movie-name/cd1 /moviename/cd2 business that I have...
10ish Because the names are off just a bit from true IMBD names... not a big deal though, because normally its first choice was good
Only a few I had to manually search for (all of which were my fault)

overall very impressed with this release, will report back after some usage...

Thank you for yalls hard work.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Thanks very much, I have one quick question. Which skin are you using so that you can change view between List, Icon, Film Strip. I'm using Titanium and it allows me to view in List View mode only

Thanks

Titanium supports all view modes, you just need to press the Menu button (F9) to pull up a selection dialog to pick which view to use.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    So far... very nice. went faster that the last version..... not much to change by comparison. of 240 movies.... I've got to fix maybe 2 that auto-matched the wrong year movies. and reselect only a handful of covers. I only had a couple new backdrops come in to the wrong movies. but that was on my dev machine... gotta go upstairs and update the HTPC.

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom