[confirm] Dropping frames - MP neverending story (1 Viewer)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello men,

on xp + ati 10.2 + powerdvd9 or 10 + MP RC1 (core from this forum e directshow helper 3 from the old poll ) all goes almost perfect.......

on 7 + ati 10.2 + powerdvd 9 or 10 + MP RC1 (core from this forum e directshow helper 3 from the old poll ) i get stutter sometimes .......

on 7 + ati 10.2 + powerdvd 9 or 10 + MP RC2 i get BAD stutter tv sd hd, avi , mkv.........

this is my experience.

i don't want use any other codec because i have payed for my cyberlink , and they work AWESOME with any other softwares including dvbviewer, and for the BD is the best also in MP the best picture i can get is with cyberlink.........

thank you for any ideas

i've tryed also to clean all old vga drivers and reinstall drivers, i;m using a second disk to timeshift..........

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: Dropping frames - MP neverending story

I have stuttering video sometimes if I press "Y" during videoplayback and just let the window slide up and down (Skin: B3Wide) with the cursor keys (so you get a little "animation"). The videoplay stutters but there are no dropped frames reported! See the attached picture. During the stutter the red lines in the graph are going up and down like crazy. Please don't mind the already dropped frames in the attached picture. I skipped forward and backward through the video to reproduce the issue.

The test was done with my desktop (Phenom II Quadcore) and a Radeon 5770. Not the slowest card for Mediaportal. :)

I think the main problem is that the GUI is always slowed down by the fps of the video. If you have a MKV with 25 fps the gui runs with 25 fps too. The low fps of the gui can interfere with the video and you'll get stuttering playback sometimes.

If I use FFDShow as decoder and force bob deinterlacing on the output - so all videos are played with doubled framerate (25->50) - the video playback and also the gui is smooth and does not stutter at all.

Attachments

• stutter.jpg
      stutter.jpg
      195.4 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Dropping frames - MP neverending story

I think the main problem is that the GUI is always slowed down by the fps of the video. If you have a MKV with 25 fps the gui runs with 25 fps too. The low fps of the gui can interfere with the video and you'll get stuttering playback sometimes.

GUI is not slowed down, it is just rendered on every time when a video frame is rendered (of course that will cause an illusion where GUI would be slowed down). That itself wont explain any of the issues you are seeing.

Perls

Portal Member
    September 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I previously had some severe stuttering/frame drops with an interval of several minutes between them.
    After moving the time-shift folder to RAM disk I haven't had any problems.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello men,

on xp + ati 10.2 + powerdvd9 or 10 + MP RC1 (core from this forum e directshow helper 3 from the old poll ) all goes almost perfect.......

on 7 + ati 10.2 + powerdvd 9 or 10 + MP RC1 (core from this forum e directshow helper 3 from the old poll ) i get stutter sometimes .......

on 7 + ati 10.2 + powerdvd 9 or 10 + MP RC2 i get BAD stutter tv sd hd, avi , mkv.........

this is my experience.

i don't want use any other codec because i have payed for my cyberlink , and they work AWESOME with any other softwares including dvbviewer, and for the BD is the best also in MP the best picture i can get is with cyberlink.........

thank you for any ideas

i've tryed also to clean all old vga drivers and reinstall drivers, i;m using a second disk to timeshift..........

Hey men,
    i found out a way to get all working.............
    what i'm going to tell is totally nuts...
    i've set up my desktop to 60hz and disabled dinamic refresh changer..... BOOOMMM all videos went OK 24p,25p,30p, 50 i and 60i are prefectly displayed no stutter no frameloss, also the digital PAL tv sd and hd are smooth.
    So now i have MP RC2 on Win7 working GREAT

That is aganist all my ideas about v-sinc and videoplaying but it WORKS :)

all the above doesn't apply if desktop is setup on 50hz

THank You TEAM MEdiaportal :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First: If you do not notice a judder and are happy with the result like that, you should keep it like that. Its all about if your happy with the result.

I tested your idea, disabled DRC and set desktop at 60hz.
    What I saw (and expected) is with 24fps material a fast, constant judder. It appears and may feel smooth to some people, but if you press shift 1 you will see a yellow line shooting up and down within very fast +/- 10ms. It is constantly correcting the playback. I think this is a kind of pulldown detection.
    If you would set MP at 24hz, you see a stable yellow line perfectly horizontal. I clearly see the difference, and personally I dont want the judder. I see it and am bother by it.
    But again, if you are happy with the image you see, keep it. :)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    First: If you do not notice a judder and are happy with the result like that, you should keep it like that. Its all about if your happy with the result.

I tested your idea, disabled DRC and set desktop at 60hz.
    What I saw (and expected) is with 24fps material a fast, constant judder. It appears and may feel smooth to some people, but if you press shift 1 you will see a yellow line shooting up and down within very fast +/- 10ms. It is constantly correcting the playback. I think this is a kind of pulldown detection.
    If you would set MP at 24hz, you see a stable yellow line perfectly horizontal. I clearly see the difference, and personally I dont want the judder. I see it and am bother by it.
    But again, if you are happy with the image you see, keep it. :)

i totally agree i don't wnat judder too, for sure would be better if all goes following the right refresh rates, as mp is working under XP (VMR9) on the same machine ;)

that should be taken just as workaround for who experiencing my bad stutter and can't use MP at all under win7.

That makes me think that there is a real bug into this implementation of syncronization under EVR, maybe EVR requires different approach to develop code, many oepration to the system EVR calls and less by manual coding ? I didn't know anything about coding..... i just wondering ;)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello men,

this is my experience.

thank you for any ideas

I get my system, finally, stutter free with this custom directshowhelper at the right refresh rate 50 pfs on 50 HZ

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/607913-post79.html

i want ask you guys to take a try with this.

All goes very well, i just notice few framedrops using OSD , but they aren't visible during play no more stutter at all after a 30 min of testing.

byeeeeeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom