DTS-HD on non HD Receiver (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    He wonders if the dtsdecoderdll.dll enables HD audio formats on his receiver, which isn't capable of decoding HD audio.

And to continue on this .dll discussion, if i'm correct (since version v55) that is done by an updated ffmpeg now, meaning the .dll isn't needed anymore for DTS-HD decoding.

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mmm now that i also did not know, will try and find the codec you mentioned, will this then enable the playback despite nit having an hd capable receiver?
    Off course not ;)
    If you decode HD audio on the PC an output as analogue or HDMI on an amp that is unable to decode DTS-HD then you can get HD audio.

This is OT and not related to this rework and you need to discuss this in another thread.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    so placed the file - C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86 is this correct and is there anything else i need to alter for it to work?

corcy

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is correct. And if you want LAV audio to decode you DTS-HD, then you should uncheck both DTS and DTS-HD formats in the bitstreaming section of the LAV Audio decoder.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you decode HD audio on the PC an output as analogue or HDMI on an amp that is unable to decode DTS-HD then you can get HD audio.
    True, got a bit confused by the discussion and misread the post(s).
    Mental Note: Men can't multi-task... :D
    @Atomic7431 updated my reply, misread a lot ;)

This is OT and not related to this rework and you need to discuss this in another thread.
    fixed :)

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    mm i read it only works on x86 systems is this true as ive tested and it doesnt work properly here, causes stutters of audio and all sorts.

Code:
    Q: Can LAV Audio decode DTS-HD?
    A: Kind of. On its own, it cannot. But, LAV Audio supports using the ArcSoft DTS decoder, which allows decoding of full DTS-HD. Just drop the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" from the TMT3/5 Codecs directory into LAV Audio's directory, and enjoy. NOTE: This only works on 32-bit!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally found my bookmark again!
    @Atomic7431 this FAQ probably gives you all the info you need ;)

corcy

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it doesnt work properly here, causes stutters of audio and all sorts.
    Are you on HDMI or Spdif? Multichannel PCM would only work with HDMI, with Spdif you'd have to downmix to stereo. But then it is better to just bitstream DTS Core.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom