Duplicate Banners (1 Viewer)

joae996

March 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For the last two months, I've had a problem on one of my systems of duplicate banners.

When I load MpTVSeries and the banners appear, invariably, several of them will be duplicated.

There is no corruption of the database. And if i back out of the screen to the main menu, and then go back into MP TV Series, the offending banners will be correct (but lower down in the list, there may be another set of duplicates).

Somehow, the database still knows the right banner, but the display engine is throwing the wrong banner up in place of the right one. Usually from a series higher in the list.

I'm running Media Portal on four computers, in four rooms of the house (NOT sharing a database, as this always crashes until someone allows instances of Media Portal to run the database in read only mode). Only one PC... coincidentally the only one running in WiFi for network, has this duplication of banners problem.

I've not tried plugging it into the network physically to compare, yet. There's no convenient jack in that room. But, I've twice updated Media Portal (now running the latest test build), and also now running the test build of MP TV Series.

My question is... has anyone else had this problem? And if so, is there something stupid I'm doing? Could it be the WiFi? The database is running on the physical machine, which is where the banners are stored. So I can't imagine that being the issue.

Other than this, the program runs darn near flawlessly (I'm running it in Windows XP, so can never get my Media Center remote to work correctly ;-).

As a quick clarification... by duplicate banners I mean the banner for Star Trek might appear lower in the list, over Stargate, or even Xena. If I back out to the main menu, and then return to TV Series, Stargate would then have teh CORRECT banner.

Thanks

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep I've encountered the exact same problem as you've described. For example sometimes the banner for Scrubs will appear for both Scrubs and Stargate SG1, but I've found if I either quit out of MP and start it again or cycle the banner for the series the correct banner comes back.

I'm running v2.1.3331 on a standalone machine.

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    Yes, I also have the same problem. But after I let the banner playing randomly, it's gone (i'm using the latest SVN version)

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I rebuilt my HTPC a couple of weeks ago and installed Vista on it (I was previously running XP). I then did a clean install of MP and and all the plugins. Since then I've only had a duplicate thumbnail show up once (that I've noticed), unlike my previous install where it would happen every half an hour or so.

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So has anyone installed the latest test release to see if problem is fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom