Duplicate movies (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We have plans (but don't pin me on this) to release an alpha version of 0.8 to a select test group. We'll be sure to include people with the specific "major" issues to confirm if they are solved.

faf4life

Portal Member
    March 21, 2006
    Sounds good to me, as this bug is pretty annoying :/
    For me it happens when I start MP without the NAS started. Starting the NAS later produces lots of duplicates.

Naga

Portal Member
    August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    India India
    Umm, I was having the same problems. I'd like to point out that my specific case has been solved by using UNC shares. The others having this might try it out if they had the shares mapped as drives.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using UNC will indeed not expose this problem but we want to support mapped drives also ;)

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So there's no immediate work-around for this issue? I just moved my movies from one drive to another and kept the same drive letter and now all of my movies are being duplicated and re-scanned :(

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So there's no immediate work-around for this issue? I just moved my movies from one drive to another and kept the same drive letter and now all of my movies are being duplicated and re-scanned :(

As I understand using UNC shares does "solve" it though?

I disabled the update and searching for new movies outside of the configuration and instead of using V:\movies I am using \\NAMESERVER\video\movies right now as path to my movies. That combination seems to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom