DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    You're saying I can't specify the NIC by its IP, but only by name as described at the bottom of the first post?
    Yes, it must be name of interface, because IP address can change (but name probably not).

What meaning do the C and pipe have in the format ("C:|interface=...")? Are they just there so that you recognize the format easier?
    Filter didn't recognize format easier. Required is colon (':'), first character can be everything. It's because M3U parser in TV server configuration tool doesn't allow pipe character in url and I found that if on second place is colon, than checking of url is skipped.

I haven't tried the addresses in VLC, but like I said, those same addresses work just fine with my own filter.
    If it is possible try it in VLC and you should not see any channel. IPTV filter has same network part as VLC. Your filter works, because it's based on Stepko's implementation, where first part of address is considered as network interface address. In IPTV filter I changed it as it have to be (source address).

I haven't tried the addresses in VLC, but like I said, those same addresses work just fine with my own filter.
    All addresses in playlist are working?

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Yes, it must be name of interface, because IP address can change (but name probably not).
    OK, tried now. see below for results.

If it is possible try it in VLC and you should not see any channel. IPTV filter has same network part as VLC. Your filter works, because it's based on Stepko's implementation, where first part of address is considered as network interface address. In IPTV filter I changed it as it have to be (source address).
    I'm not sure what you're saying.:confused: Is it that this filter may not even work on all computers? I understand turning the URL around but why should VLC not work on my computer? Not with the same playlist, but with the correct URL format it works just fine.

All addresses in playlist are working?
    Of course not! I declared a playlist with 6 different formats, just so that I could see which one worked for this filter. Just one of those formats works with "standard" MPIPTVfilter.

And todays results:
    Using the new format for NIC selection partially works. I had some activity on the TV nic, but in the end the stream still wasn't recognized.
    Logs attached. Please note that kids set something for recording so filter tried to activate that, but the correct URL should be at the beginning og the log.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    After resolving my stupid mistake, I'm having some problems with the filter. SD streams seem to play just fine (need to test more), but HD streams have lots of lost packets. Seems because filter expects a particular ID that never gets there. Note that CPU usage is low while packet drops occur.
    Logs attached.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sorry to be so thick here, but is this thread referring to web TV services that anyone get get, like Miro or Zattoo, or is it specifically about ISP offerings like Swisscom TV?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again rsbrux

The DVB-IP tuner will probably support some web streams, but it depends on the format. Having said that, it is more targetted and IPTV service offerings from ISPs. OnlineVideos may be more suited to your needs.

mm

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    After resolving my stupid mistake, I'm having some problems with the filter. SD streams seem to play just fine (need to test more), but HD streams have lots of lost packets. Seems because filter expects a particular ID that never gets there. Note that CPU usage is low while packet drops occur.
    Logs attached.
    Filter detects many discontinuities, but they are in NULL (or empty) packets (PID: 1FFF = 8191). Can you turn of discotninuity detection (in MPIPTVSource.ini file change AnalyzeDiscontinuity to 0) and try again?

Sorry to be so thick here, but is this thread referring to web TV services that anyone get get, like Miro or Zattoo, or is it specifically about ISP offerings like Swisscom TV?
    As mm1352000 wrote, TV server is capable to process only DVB compliant streams (the stream must be in MPEG2 TS format). If your provider streams DVB compliant stream, than IPTV filter can be used. In another case you can use OnlineVideos.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Filter detects many discontinuities, but they are in NULL (or empty) packets (PID: 1FFF = 8191). Can you turn of discotninuity detection (in MPIPTVSource.ini file change AnalyzeDiscontinuity to 0) and try again?
    This immediately solved all the problems. Thanks. Will let you know after a few days how the filter does. So far it looks great!:D

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    This immediately solved all the problems. Thanks. Will let you know after a few days how the filter does. So far it looks great!:D
    It's great that's working :) Notify me in few days if you have any issue. Then I post new release with fixed two bugs that you found.

JB72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Bremen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter

Hello, i have the same problems, the option set to 0 does not help on my system. I will now record an logfile and post it. I use T-Home Entertain.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Re: AW: DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter

Hello, i have the same problems, the option set to 0 does not help on my system. I will now record an logfile and post it. I use T-Home Entertain.
    Waiting for logs :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom