DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    what about that it hangs , that it can not take any new command before it gives up, is there anything i can do beside waiting for it to give up before i can change the channel? :)
    That it hangs is by design of MP and I can't do anything about that :( Your only option is to wait or experimentally find lower timeout value.

I will try to find s lower timeout.. :) i have 4 card so i maybe have to be patient :D

I have a problem with your new update one of my HD channels now get very slow updating the image, the protocol is UDP.

but when i go back to the older version all works fine again
    Can you post at least TV server logs?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

between time I found bug, which can cause your problem. Can you in configuretion file set AnalyzeDiscontinuity option to 0, restart TV service and try again? Let me know if it helps or not.

omel

Portal Member
    August 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

between time I found bug, which can cause your problem. Can you in configuretion file set AnalyzeDiscontinuity option to 0, restart TV service and try again? Let me know if it helps or not.

yes that solved the problem

I have another question for you, are there any utility that change the resolution of the TV to what the source is, like

1080i, 720P, 576I and so on, and if the tv does not sopport the resolution then it chooses the desktop resolution

or is it possible for you to build it in Dvb-IP?

regards

Omel

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

I have another question for you, are there any utility that change the resolution of the TV to what the source is, like

1080i, 720P, 576I and so on, and if the tv does not sopport the resolution then it chooses the desktop resolution

regards

Omel
    I'm not sure what are you trying to do. As I know on TV you should have same resolution as on desktop. MP gets desktop resolution and video (whatever resolution it has) is resized to desktop resolution.

Going to analyze them.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    New version of filter released (in first post). Fixed analysing discontinuity in case of MPEG TS NULL packet and few minor changes.

omel

Portal Member
    August 14, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

regards

Omel
    I'm not sure what are you trying to do. As I know on TV you should have same resolution as on desktop. MP gets desktop resolution and video (whatever resolution it has) is resized to desktop resolution.

This is what i mean:

I have a Full-HD TV attached by HDMI to my MediaPortal box in the living room and use a HD skin to make use of the resolution of the TV (1920x1080). When watching media (video, tv) MediaPortal resizes the original material (mostly smaller than 1920x1080) to keep the resolution on the HDMI output constant.
    This is useful for a PC monitor, but not for a TV, which can resize (and deinterlace) itself. So I wonder if it would not be much easier / better, if MP would output the video in its native size (and framerate and interlacing) and let the TV do all the work. This would also improve the picture quality in those cases where the MediaPortal resolution is not the same as the TV's, because it would avoid double resizing (once in MP, once in the TV). Is there a posibilty to let MedaiPortal play the native media format to the HDMI output?

regards Omel

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

This is what i mean:

I have a Full-HD TV attached by HDMI to my MediaPortal box in the living room and use a HD skin to make use of the resolution of the TV (1920x1080). When watching media (video, tv) MediaPortal resizes the original material (mostly smaller than 1920x1080) to keep the resolution on the HDMI output constant.
    This is useful for a PC monitor, but not for a TV, which can resize (and deinterlace) itself. So I wonder if it would not be much easier / better, if MP would output the video in its native size (and framerate and interlacing) and let the TV do all the work. This would also improve the picture quality in those cases where the MediaPortal resolution is not the same as the TV's, because it would avoid double resizing (once in MP, once in the TV). Is there a posibilty to let MedaiPortal play the native media format to the HDMI output?

regards Omel

Hi,

i found thread with same question, but I think that's impossible. Every skin is made for some resolution and after start is skin resized to screen resolution. Everything within skin (playing video is within skin) is resized to fit to skin. I don't know how MP can work with changing resolution, because while playing video you can show OSD, context menu etc and these things are in another resolution as played video.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom